I signed up to use the DevCloud yesterday, and cannot connect via ssh despite following the instructions regarding downloading my key, moving it to the correct location, updating the privileges, and modifying my ssh config. I posted on the question of another user who had the same issue, and was told to start a separate question; see here . When I try `ssh devcloud`, I just get `Permission denied (publickey)`.
I was also asked to provide my userid, which is u162654.
Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Please follow the below steps and check if the issue still persists.
Steps to check your account and remediate:
- Sign into DevCloud : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/
- Login/launch Jupyter – Launch Jupyter
- Note down account number as shown below in the Welcome.ipynb notebook
- Next, login with ssh – if error does not show up your account is good.
- if permission denied(public key) error message shows up during login with ssh then:
- Check your .ssh/config : cat .ssh/config
- Does your account number in your ssh/config match with the one showed in in Jupyter(Example : 25550)
- Make sure correct account number is reflected in the config file. If not, edit your .ssh/config to correct the account number in .ssh/config to be same as the one with what you see in Jupyter
- Login with ssh again
if at any point during the above steps you notice files missing please contact your support team with your original account number and the correct account number – they will work with the engineering team to help assist copy your files over.
We apologize for this inconvenience cause by the public key error issue
If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as solution. This will help others with similar issue. Thank you.
When I launch the Jupyter notebook as shown, the user id is correct:
This matches the user id in my ~/.ssh config file and private key name.
However, I still cannot log in via ssh, with the same error (permission denied publickey).
Hi @NNB ,
Did you follow the same steps from this document? Did you set the correct restrictive permissions on your config file & your key? Please try the manual configuration and check if the issue still persists.(https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/)
Please let us know if the issue still persists.
No, the issue is still not resolved. What did the admin team do? Am I supposed to do something else after what they did?
I still get the same error (Permission denied (publickey)). I am able to access the DevCloud through the Jupyter interface, but not ssh.
Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.