Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Why my account is deactivated?

yzhao56
Beginner

I was just compiling a software but suddenly was informed of this notification. I wander why my account is deactivated?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know which DevCloud you are using? Is it DevCloud for oneAPI/ Edge/ Fpga ?

Also share the error message you got.

Thanks

0 Kudos
yzhao56
Beginner

oneAPI

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are checking on this internally. Thank you for sharing the details.

Thanks

0 Kudos
yzhao56
Beginner

One more thing. I cannot connect computing nodes via ssh. Is there something wrong?

yzhao56_0-1671251652963.png

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Are you able to create new account?

You can access compute nodes by using the below command:

qsub -I

(-I : upper-case ‘i’)

You can request a specific node by the below command:

qsub -I -l nodes=sxxx-nxxx:ppn=2 -d .

(-l : lower case L)

(-I : upper-case ‘i’)

Please refer the following documentation for more details:

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

For your information, DevCloud does not allow root privileges. Intel DevCloud is a resource that is used for learning about oneAPI software on Intel's hardware, training and research purposes only as stated in the terms and conditions. User can apply for a new account so long as he/she does not use root privilege acquisition tools.

Thanks

0 Kudos
yzhao56
Beginner

Yes, but in the past I could connect to them via ssh. This trick is so convenient for noninteractive jobs, which makes it possible to connect to compute nodes to check the states of the jobs. I hope you can restore this feature.

For another, softwares like proot, docker and podman do not do damage to the real system. What's more, many software rely on the root privileges. I recommend such software be allowed to conveniently use Devcloud. 

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions. We will inform the concerned team regarding your suggestions.

Could you please let us know whether you have any other issues?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have informed your suggestions to the concerned team. Intel DevCloud is a shared environment which comes with pre-installed validated Intel oneAPI software and complimentary packages. As a policy we do not install custom (open source or 3rd party licensed) software to the environment.

Could you please let us know whether we can close this case?

Thanks

0 Kudos
yzhao56
Beginner

It is a shame. But at least enabling connections to compute nodes via ssh is definitely no harm for the environment. It is just configuration changes away, and the feature is surprisingly convenient for us users. I hope you can recover it.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are checking on this internally and let you know the updates.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your suggestions.

Due to illegal mining activity, we have disabled all direct access to compute nodes and direct compiling on login node.

This also includes disabling proot which enables users to setup to do things like using an arbitrary directory as the new root filesystem, making files accessible somewhere else in the filesystem without any privileges.

DevCloud is free compute resource is for use to learn oneAPI and use for legitimate purposes. If user needs to compile any program on a compute node, they can use the interactive mode with qsub or the batch mode with qsub.

If you have any further issue, please let us know.

Thanks

yzhao56
Beginner

I don't understand " Due to illegal mining activity, we have disabled all direct access to compute nodes and direct compiling on login node. ". If it means connections via ssh to compute nodes are not allowed, I do not know how ssh compute nodes help mining? As I said, it is just configuration changes away and definitely no harm to the system, and the feature is surprisingly convenient for us users.

0 Kudos
AnaWilliam850
New Contributor I

I have a similar problem, but I didn't do anything relate to "Due to illegal mining activity"

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We got the above response from DevCloud team.

Please let us know whether we can close this case if you don't have any other issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please let us know whether we can close this case?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Kudos