Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1665 Discussions

access to FCPGA through HPC session

Twobombs
Beginner

Hi All,

When logged into the HPC Dev cluster with an interactive session clinfo shows an emulation device for FCPGA, and doesn't seem to enumerate the FCPGA hardware itself. lspci also does not hint to a FCPGA device attached to the PCIe bus.

Reason to want access to the FCPGA hardware is that I want to run QFT/TCC_NN/Sycamore benchmarks and integrate usage scenarios of the Intel Quantum SDK for FCPGA into the ThereminQ/Qrack OpenCL stack and report on real-world performance back to the community.

eg: https://github.com/twobombs/thereminq/blob/master/runscripts/run-tcc_nn-cube-pocl-single-benchmark

So is there an idea/procedure to follow how to connect to nodes that does have FCPGA hardware ?

tnx!

Aryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Using qsub -I would randomly connect to any node which is available. To connect specifically to FPGA node, please try the below command.

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .

And use sycl-ls or aocl list-devices to see the details:

RemyaP_Intel_0-1678882721560.png

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please confirm the Dev Cluster you are using. Is it Intel DevCloud?

Also, are you trying to connect to FPGA node in DevCloud? If yes, which node are you trying to connect to?

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
Twobombs
Beginner

Hi Remya,

I am using Intel DevCloud.

Login with ssh devcloud and start an interactive session with qsub -I to land on a node.

On that node I run clinfo. ( as shown in attached picture )
It shows an emulator device for FCPGA.

FYI,
Aryan

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Using qsub -I would randomly connect to any node which is available. To connect specifically to FPGA node, please try the below command.

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .

And use sycl-ls or aocl list-devices to see the details:

RemyaP_Intel_0-1678882721560.png

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

Twobombs
Beginner

Works as advertized ! Tnx

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos