Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1716 Discussions

aocl-extract-aocx generates two aocx files

Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Hello, I have a binary linked with a bitstream for A10 FPGA. I want to extract that bitstream, unsign it, and add it back to the binary. However, when I use aocl-extract-aocx, two aocx files appear. In this case, should I unsign both bitstreams, and add both back to the binary? How to do so? Thanks! a.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

As per your screenshot, we couldn't find the sample which you're trying in OneAPI Samples GitHub Repository(https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/DirectProgramming/C%2B%2BSYCL_FPGA/ReferenceDesigns)

Could you please provide the sample reproducer & steps to reproduce this issue so that we can debug the issue further?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
HongboRong
Beginner

Thanks for the fast response, Alekhya. I was just able to figure out that this is OK: when two .aocx files are generated, unsign both of them, and add both of them (say 1.aocx and 2.aocx) back to the SYCL binary by -fsycl-add-targets, e.g. -fsycl-add-targets=spir64_fpga-unknown-unknown:1.aocx -fsycl-add-targets=spir64_fpga-unknown-unknown:2.aocx.  It seems to work. Please close the issue.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any further information, please post a new question as this thread is no longer monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos