Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

command line job assignment error

Tchouanga__Franck

please I need help please I have a problem with job assignment on the command line. this is the error I get

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/566941.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud.SC: line 2: violenceData03.py: command not found

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
We have some trouble in understanding your query.Could you please give more details about your issue such as steps you followed, error logs obtained & what kind of workload that you are trying out. Kindly attach the screenshots, if possible. So that, we would be able to help you better.

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

that error occured when I ran   echo violenceData.py | qsub 

violenceData.py is the file containing mu deap learning model to train 

but later on I tried echo python violenceData.py | qsub -l walltime=24:00:00

and it work but after a period of time that the batch runs I am getting this error 

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

I have been running that my python script already for two days with the command line crashing at times with the 

client_loop: send disconnect: Connection reset by peer
client_loop: send disconnect: Broken pipe

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

this is a screenshot of the job I don't know whether everything is going on well or not please have a look

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

Could you please confirm whether you are still facing the below issue

"/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/566941.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud.SC: line 2: violenceData03.py: command not found". If not, can you follow the steps mentioned below to solve your issue attached in the  screenshot(cloud.PNG).

Step 1: Create a job file.

vi myjob

Step 2: Please add the below commands in the job script

#PBS -l walltime=24:00:00
echo python violenceData.py

Step 3. Save the file

Press [Esc] to shift to the command mode and press :wq! and hit [Enter] to save the file.

Step 4: Run the job script as:

nohup qsub myjob &

You can view the output of your script in the nohup.out file, which is created while running the job.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

Could you please confirm whether you are still facing the issue and the solution provided was helpful for you.

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

please how can we check the status of the job submitted after that

0 Kudos
Tchouanga__Franck

please help when I run the above it does not rum my deep learning model correctly. it just returns python violenceData.py as output without training the model please help

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

Since the job script you submitted includes the command "echo python violenceData.py" ,it will simply print the given value to the console like a print function. So, in order to train your deep learning model, edit the job script as follows:

#PBS -l walltime=24:00:00
python violenceData.py

Then, submit the job script as mentioned above( Step 4). Once your job has been submitted,you will get a Job ID which is the tracking number for your job. You can track the status of the job with:

qstat

Once it is complete, the output will be in the files:

cat myjob.oXXXXXX
cat myjob.eXXXXXX

Here ‘XXXXXX’ is the Job ID. The .o file contains the standard output stream, and .e file contains the error stream.

Since you are running the job with nohup command, it will logs everything to an output file nohup.out, even if you exit the shell or terminal. So that, you can view the status of the DL model training or any error logs obtained in the nohup.out file.

Hopes this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

Could you please confirm whether the solution provided was helpful for you.

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Franck,

We are closing this case by assuming that your issue got resolved. Please feel free to raise a new thread if you have further issues.

Thanks.

0 Kudos