Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

devcloud FPGA nodes unavailable on 20/04/20?

JSchr20
Novice

Hello,

I'm trying to use the devcloud (https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/), and I had been using it successfully last week.  Today, however, the fpga_compile and fpga_runtime nodes seem largely inaccessible.  I was able to run a couple emulation-compile jobs this morning after about a five minute wait time, but for the last ~half hour, my colleague and I have been unable to access any fpga node, either interactively or in batch mode.  Can someone please advise whether this is due to the nodes being down or due to high demand?  Is there any ETA for a return to last week's responsive node behavior?

I should point out: it's not that we can *never* get something to run on a node; it's that the wait times are in the 10-40 minute range.  That's long enough that we're unable to practically develop and test on devcloud.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Jennifer,

We have observed the same issue, we are checking with the admin team regarding this. Will keep you posted on the updates.

Thanks

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
JSchr20
Novice

Things seem much more responsive today (4/21); thank you.

0 Kudos
Hemanth_K_Intel
Employee

Hello,

There was a NFS traffic that kept the jobs from going through. We have cleared it. Let us know if you run into the same issue again.

Thanks

Hemanth

0 Kudos
JSchr20
Novice

As of 3:54 PM EST, things are again unresponsive...

0 Kudos
W_E_Intel
Employee

Same here, things are unresponsive

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey Jennifer,

The NFS traffic  issue is resolved. Could you please confirm from your end if you are able to access compute nodes.

Thanks

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
JSchr20
Novice

My colleague did a fair bit of debugging on both fpga_compile and fpga_runtime nodes today and found the node availability good all day, very responsive.  It appears the issue is resolved.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Thanks Jennifer for the confirmation. We are closing this case. Please feel free to raise a new thread for further issues

0 Kudos