Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1788 Discussions

@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

MarsPJ
Beginner

I signed up for an account but couldn't access the development cloud over ssh. I used an automatic script to set up the ssh key. I checked posts with similar problems, but none of them helped. jupyter's account and config's account match correc微信图片_20231003115950.pngSnipaste_2023-10-03_12-00-24.pngtly, and file access permissions are set.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Please let me know if we can go ahead and close this thread?

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We assume that the issue is not with your account as you are able to connect oneAPI DevCloud via JupyterLab. 

It could be either with the config file or could be due to proxy settings.

Hence, we recommend you to delete the setup and files created and redo it as mentioned below.

1. Sign in https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/ and follow the steps given in automatic configuration(option 1). 

When the script is executed in your terminal you can find a configuration file created ~/.ssh/config.

2. If you are connected to proxy, edit the config file with the proxy_name, hostname and port number

After the above steps, you should be able to log in to Intel DevCloud using the command

ssh devcloud

or if connected to proxy 

ssh devcloud.proxy 

If the issue still persist, please share the config file with us in private. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarsPJ
Beginner

After I follow the method you said, the following message is displayed: u204406@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

Here are the details: The authenticity of host 'ssh.devcloud.intel.com (12.229.61.118)' can't be established.ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:fdh1CzIao2MCh6YQ3uP7ZZyZF0XqieU7OY6DjcDctq4. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes Warning: Permanently added 'ssh.devcloud.intel.com,12.229.61.118' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. The authenticity of host 'devcloud ()' can't be established. ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:7R/nUuhf2mWQej8YRr+FNr0T0++Rw71wmvZpsrysbFU. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes Warning: Permanently added 'devcloud' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. u204406@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

I don't know for some reason, I can't send the email to you, it shows "the domain name does not exist, the mail cannot be delivered", so I can only send it to you here. And because you can't send attachments here, you can only send the contents of the config file directly.

"

################################################################################################
# oneAPI DevCloud SSH config
################################################################################################
Host devcloud
User u204406
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt
ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

Host devcloud.proxy
User u204406
Port 4022
ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud-via-proxy

# If you must route outgoing SSH connection via a corporate proxy,
# replace PROXY_HOSTNAME and PORT below with the values provided by
# your network administrator.
Host devcloud-via-proxy
User guest
Hostname ssh.devcloud.intel.com
LocalForward 4022 c009:22
ProxyCommand nc -x PROXY_HOSTNAME:PORT %h %p

# DevCloud VSCode config
Host devcloud-vscode
UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
StrictHostKeyChecking no
Hostname localhost
User u204406
Port 5022

# SSH Tunnel config
Host *.aidevcloud
User u204406
ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud nc %h %p
LocalForward 5022 localhost:22
LocalForward 5901 localhost:5901

"

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We verified the config file shared by you and could not find any issues with it.

Could you please share the complete output generated while running the below command so that we can collect verbose information while connecting which might help in debugging the permission denied issue more clearly:

ssh -v devcloud

Additionally, are you under personal or corporate VPN or proxy while connecting to Intel DevCoud for oneAPI? If so, kindly try disabling them while connecting to Intel DevCloud for oneAPI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarsPJ
Beginner

mars@mars-virtual-machine:~/MFS/project/helloworld$ ssh -v devcloud
OpenSSH_8.2p1 Ubuntu-4ubuntu0.9, OpenSSL 1.1.1f 31 Mar 2020
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/mars/.ssh/config
debug1: /home/mars/.ssh/config line 4: Applying options for devcloud
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: include /etc/ssh/ssh_config.d/*.conf matched no files
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 21: Applying options for *
debug1: Executing proxy command: exec ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com
debug1: identity file /home/mars/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt type -1
debug1: identity file /home/mars/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt-cert type -1
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_8.2p1 Ubuntu-4ubuntu0.9
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4ubuntu0.3
debug1: match: OpenSSH_7.6p1 Ubuntu-4ubuntu0.3 pat OpenSSH_7.0*,OpenSSH_7.1*,OpenSSH_7.2*,OpenSSH_7.3*,OpenSSH_7.4*,OpenSSH_7.5*,OpenSSH_7.6*,OpenSSH_7.7* compat 0x04000002
debug1: Authenticating to devcloud:22 as 'u204406'
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: algorithm: curve25519-sha256
debug1: kex: host key algorithm: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
debug1: kex: server->client cipher: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com MAC: <implicit> compression: none
debug1: kex: client->server cipher: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com MAC: <implicit> compression: none
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY
debug1: Server host key: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 SHA256:7R/nUuhf2mWQej8YRr+FNr0T0++Rw71wmvZpsrysbFU
debug1: Host 'devcloud' is known and matches the ECDSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/mars/.ssh/known_hosts:3
debug1: rekey out after 134217728 blocks
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: rekey in after 134217728 blocks
debug1: Will attempt key: pzjgem@qq.com RSA SHA256:79I6tw/AAy2OygBBRC6Tra44tfB7hdmS3icytSUDu/Y agent
debug1: Will attempt key: /home/mars/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt explicit
debug1: SSH2_MSG_EXT_INFO received
debug1: kex_input_ext_info: server-sig-algs=<ssh-ed25519,ssh-rsa,rsa-sha2-256,rsa-sha2-512,ssh-dss,ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521>
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Offering public key: pzjgem@qq.com RSA SHA256:79I6tw/AAy2OygBBRC6Tra44tfB7hdmS3icytSUDu/Y agent
debug1: Trying private key: /home/mars/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-204406.txt
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
u204406@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We are working on this internally and will share you the updates.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarsPJ
Beginner

Hello, have you solved it? I would like to add that I connected with ubuntu on a VMware virtual machine, as previous attempts with Windows on the local machine did not work either.

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please try to login Devcloud from scratch using the new key shared privately, and let us know if you face any issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarsPJ
Beginner

I tried to use the new key you provided, but it still shows the same error. In addition, since the deadline of Hackfair is approaching, I choose to use jupyter lab provided by you for development now, and I want to ignore ssh. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to know that you are able to work with Jupyter Lab. 

To resolve the issue with ssh connection, could you please try to remove the file with the name know_hosts in ~/.ssh path and try again to connect devcloud through ssh?

Please check ~/.ssh directory permissions as well.

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-uxxxxxx.txt

chmod 600 ~/.ssh/config

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarsPJ
Beginner

My system is windows

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For windows, it will be available in the below directory.

default directory: C:\Users\<user_name>\.ssh

Thanks

0 Kudos
priyansh1
Novice

that time i was trying to connect to intel devcloud i face some problems but i can fix them myself let me know if i can help you in something

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Please let me know if we can go ahead and close this thread?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rialbox
Beginner

I have this problem too uxxxxxx@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

Host ssh.rialbox.tk

ProxyCommand /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/cloudflared access s>

Host devcloud

User u227487

IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-227487.txt

ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-227487.txt guest@ss>

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation by accepting solution. 

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lsnx
Beginner

Hello, same issue here. Can you help me please ?

u228111@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

0 Kudos