Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1665 Discussions

devcloud account was deactived

jishengz
Beginner

hi Intel devcloud team, 

I received such message in these days when I was building a research environment for using Intel GPU. 

"Your Developer Cloud account has been deactivated due to observed prohibited use such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, malicious program or tampering with Developer Cloud services."

I did not do any cryptocurrency like things, but only building several software tools, including LLVM compiler, level_zero loader, SPRIV_translator and cmake ,  All of these effort were done in interactive mode (i.e. 'qsub -I'). But my account was deactived. 

Please recheck my account status,  and hope you can reactive my account. 

thanks,

jisheng

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jishengz
Beginner

For further information, my account was u151815

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

In our efforts to thwart the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, we are aware that, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery. Kindly register to open a new account here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/idz/devcloud-registration.html

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
jishengz
Beginner

thanks, 

since I have to use same email, the account creation procedure reports that my account has been there, so I tried to re-active the account, but got such response:

We are unable to provide you with an Intel Developer Cloud account due to previous reasons for account deactivation. If you believe this is in error, please contact our support forum for assistance.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We understand your concern. Could you please try creating a new DevCloud account with a different email address? This might help resolve your issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
jishengz
Beginner

Thanks, and I just recreated an account with a new email. Please inform me what kinds of behavior gonna trigger the closing of account.? I'm worry if this new account may be closed again.
Previously, I built cmake and llvm on it, then the account was closed .

0 Kudos
jishengz
Beginner

One more question, where is intel_compute_runtime installed (i.e. Intel Level Zero) ?

thanks,

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

The Intel Compute Runtime(intel level zero) in DevCloud are in the below folder:

/opt/intel/oneapi/dal/latest/include/services/internal/sycl

As your initial issue was resolved and you have raised a new thread regarding intel compute runtime(Intel Level Zero)(https://community.intel.com/t5/GPU-Compute-Software/Where-is-intel-compute-runtime-installed-i-e-Intel-Level-Zero-on/m-p/1471010), We shall discontinue monitoring this thread.

If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no loner be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos