Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1644 Discussions

devcloud-vscode remote ssh not working for FPGA cluster

Alexey_M
Employee

Hello!

I use the approach described in this message to connect to devcloud using vscode

I open two cygwin terminals. In the first I connect to the head node, then I assign the job using qsub

ssh devcloud.proxy
qsub -I

Then in second terminal i execute 

ssh <node_number>.aidevcloud

And after that I can connect via vscode using the devcloud-vscode ssh target

But I want to use the fpga queue for which on the head node I set the value of the variable PBS_DEFAULT=v-qsvr-fpga.
So I have the first terminal in which I execute the following:
ssh devcloud.proxy
export PBS_DEFAULT=v-qsvr-fpga
qsub -I

Now my job is in the fpga cluster queue

qsub: job 36992.v-qsvr-fpga.aidevcloud ready

I open the second terminal and as before run

ssh <node_number>.aidevcloud

And after all this, I can no longer connect through vscode using devcloud-vscode remote ssh target.

Alexey_M_1-1665414845436.png

So I just changed the value of the PBS_DEFAULT variable to use the FPGA queue but now it doesn't work anymore. Is it possible to work with vscode only in the standard queue? Or is there a way to change them to fpga and nda queues and work through vscode?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your "message" link is bad.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Alexey_M
Employee
0 Kudos
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please let us know which DevCloud you are using? Is it DevCloud for OneAPI/Edge/FPGA?

Thanks,

Aayushi

0 Kudos
Alexey_M
Employee
0 Kudos
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

If you are using .proxy to connect, please modify the config file.

You could find config file in the below path:

C:\cygwin64\home\<username>\.ssh\config

You need to add .proxy under SSH Tunnel config.

AayushiR_Intel_0-1665668512376.png

Please refer the attached screenshot.

If you face any further issue, please let us know.

Thanks,

Aayushi

0 Kudos
Alexey_M
Employee

Hi.

My config file is configured in a similar way to work through a proxy. When I use the standard pbs queue( v-qsvr-1), everything works for me.
But when I try to use the fpga queue, by exporting the PBS_DEFAULT=v-qsvr-fpga environment variable, I can't use the ssh target devcloud-vscode. That is, I can connect to the headnode, I can submitan interactive job, connect to the compute node (I do all this to create a tunnel). So I have two active terminals, one connected to the head node and the other connected to the compute node.
But at the same time I can't connect to compute node using ssh extension for vscode
0 Kudos
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

We tried connecting to the fpga queue, by exporting the PBS_DEFAULT=v-qsvr-fpga environment variable and it is working fine from our side.

Refer below screenshot

AayushiR_Intel_0-1665751780813.png

Can you also confirm if the Remote SSH extension is configured to use Cygwin's config file as shown in the below screenshot.

AayushiR_Intel_1-1665751814873.png

We will contact you privately to collect your ssh config file, kindly respond to that privately.

Thanks,

Aayushi

0 Kudos
Alexey_M
Employee
Hello.
Today I tried all the steps again and the problem disappeared. This is strange, because I did nothing to solve the problem, it disappeared by itself
0 Kudos
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Aayushi

0 Kudos