Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

dual and quad gpu nodes - only 1 GPU shown

REGULY__ISTVAN
Beginner

I would like to run some multi-GPU workloads on OneAPI DevCloud. The "pbsnodes" command shows a number of nodes with dual_gpu or quad_gpu properties. However, when I ask for a job on one of those nodes, such as:

qsub -I -l nodes=s012-n004:ppn=2 -d .

I only see a single GPU:

sycl-ls

[opencl:0] ACC : Intel(R) FPGA Emulation Platform for OpenCL(TM) 1.2 [2021.13.11.0.23_160000]
[opencl:0] CPU : Intel(R) OpenCL 3.0 [2021.13.11.0.23_160000]
[opencl:0] GPU : Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics 3.0 [21.49.21786]
[level_zero:0] GPU : Intel(R) Level-Zero 1.2 [1.2.21786]
[host:0] HOST: SYCL host platform 1.2 [1.2]

Am I doing something wrong? Are there nodes with multiple Iris XE MAX GPUs in them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. As of now we don't have any nodes in DevCloud with multiple GPUs. We are in the process of relabeling all GPU systems in DevCloud correctly. We will let you know once it is done.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are in the process of relabeling all GPU systems in DevCloud correctly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
REGULY__ISTVAN
Beginner

@AthiraM_Intel thank you - but please do let me know if any nodes in DevCloud contain multiple GPUs, so I can test my code

0 Kudos
REGULY__ISTVAN
Beginner

@AthiraM_Intel can you please advise?

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. As of now we don't have any nodes in DevCloud with multiple GPUs. We are in the process of relabeling all GPU systems in DevCloud correctly. We will let you know once it is done.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the delay.

Currently the dual/quad GPU machines are not available in Devcloud. Devcloud team has the plans to add it back in the future. At this moment there is no visibility when it will be implemented and available for use. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if we can go ahead and close this case?

Thanks

0 Kudos
REGULY__ISTVAN
Beginner
0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos