Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1638 Discussions

high-core-count cpu

edhan
Beginner

Hi,

I run a HPC application which needs a high-core-count cpu to check the OpenMP performance. Currently qsub allocates a computer node with only two 6-core CPUs. Is there a computer node with higher core count? Thanks.

Ed

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. According to your query, you require more than 6 cores per socket. Here are the nodes which fit this requirement:

1. In devcloud, nodes with cpu: i9-10920x have these features

>    ncpus: 24

Thread(s) per core: 2

Core(s) per socket: 12

Socket(s):          1

To use those nodes, execute the below command which will provide the user with available node having these properties

qsub -I -l nodes=1: i9-10920x:ppn=2

2. The nodes with properties: renderkit

>    ncpus: 64

Core(s) per socket: 16

Socket(s):          2

To use those nodes, execute the below command which will provide the user with available node having these properties

qsub -I -l nodes=1:renderkit:ppn=2

The nodes are subjected to availability. To know about the nodes, their properties, availability and for ncpus information, please execute the command :

pbsnodes

For more information on nodes and job submissions please refer: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

Regards

Gopika

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. According to your query, you require more than 6 cores per socket. Here are the nodes which fit this requirement:

1. In devcloud, nodes with cpu: i9-10920x have these features

>    ncpus: 24

Core(s) per socket: 12

Socket(s):          1

qsub -I -l nodes=1: i9-10920x:ppn=2

2. The nodes with properties: renderkit

>    ncpus: 64

Core(s) per socket: 16

Socket(s):          2

qsub -I -l nodes=1:renderkit:ppn=2

The nodes are subjected to availability. To know about the nodes, their properties, availability and for ncpus information, please execute the command :

pbsnodes

For more information on nodes and job submissions please refer: https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

Regards

Gopika

Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for accepting it as a solution. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos