Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

make fpga failed, no quartus in path

Puya
Novice

Hi,
I have access to Intel DevCloud to try oneAPI. and I use `qsub -I` to open interactive terminal
I tried to make FPGA examples, but `make fpga` shows this error:
```
[ 50%] Linking CXX executable ../triangular_loop.fpga
aoc: Quartus is not on the path!
aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable?
/home/u34315/tmp/triangular_loop-a503a1.o: file not recognized: File truncated
clang++: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
src/CMakeFiles/triangular_loop.fpga.dir/build.make:94: recipe for target 'triangular_loop.fpga' failed
make[3]: *** [triangular_loop.fpga] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:321: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/triangular_loop.fpga.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/triangular_loop.fpga.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:264: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/fpga.dir/rule' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/fpga.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:183: recipe for target 'fpga' failed
make: *** [fpga] Error 2
```
If I source `init_opencl.sh` from different pre-installed quartus version I get version incompatibility error.
Could you please tell me which script should I source exactly to be able to use installed PAC on the DevCloud?
the aocl diagnose all command shows:

```

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ICD System Diagnostics                                              

Using the following location for ICD installation:
    /etc/OpenCL/vendors

Found 4 icd entry at that location:
    /etc/OpenCL/vendors/intel-cpu.icd
    /etc/OpenCL/vendors/intel-neo.icd
    /etc/OpenCL/vendors/Altera.icd
    /etc/OpenCL/vendors/Intel_FPGA_SSG_Emulator.icd

the following OpenCL libraries are referenced in the icd files:
    libintelocl.so
    libigdrcl.so
    libalteracl.so
    libintelocl_emu.so

checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH for registered libraries:
    libintelocl.so was registered on the system at /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/x64
    libigdrcl.so was registered on the system at /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/oclgpu
    libalteracl.so was registered on the system at /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/lib/oclfpga/host/linux64/lib
    libintelocl_emu.so was registered on the system at /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/lib/oclfpga/host/linux64/lib

Using the following location for fcd installations:
    /opt/Intel/OpenCLFPGA/oneAPI/Boards

ERROR: no FCD entry at that location. Without ICD and FCD, host executables must be linked directly to Intel FPGA runtime (libalteracl) and BSP MMD library instead of to the khronos ICD library (libOpenCL).
    To use FCD, Please reinstall using aocl install
ICD diagnostics FAILED                                              
BSP Diagnostics                                                     
/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/lib/oclfpga/board/intel_a10gx_pac/linux64/libexec/diagnose: error while loading shared libraries: libopae-c.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

```

my user is u34315@s001-n123

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Amiri,

Please use "make fpga_emu" command instead of "make fpga", as we are having FPGA Emulation device on devcloud.

For more information, please refer README.md file which is provided along with samples.

Link for README.md file: 

https://github.com/intel/BaseKit-code-samples/blob/master/DPC%2B%2BCompiler/FPGATutorials/BestPractices/triangular_loop/README.md

Note: Please use "qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2" command for entering into interactive terminal. (1st arg: Captial i (-I), 2nd arg: Small L(-l)).

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards

Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Amiri,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on this issue and will get back to you.

Regards,

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Amiri,

Please use "make fpga_emu" command instead of "make fpga", as we are having FPGA Emulation device on devcloud.

For more information, please refer README.md file which is provided along with samples.

Link for README.md file: 

https://github.com/intel/BaseKit-code-samples/blob/master/DPC%2B%2BCompiler/FPGATutorials/BestPractices/triangular_loop/README.md

Note: Please use "qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2" command for entering into interactive terminal. (1st arg: Captial i (-I), 2nd arg: Small L(-l)).

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
STyur
New Contributor I

For hardware compilation please read my post:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-devcloud/topic/840128

I hope it can save you time.

0 Kudos
Puya
Novice

@Tyurin Apperantely not all nodes on the cloud have FPGA hardware installed. As suggested by you and @kunscham I used

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2

to enter in interactive mode, and it actually did the trick. I can compile and execute on real FPGAs now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Amiri,

Glad to hear that the solution provided helped.

We are closing this thread, Feel free to raise a new thread in case of any further issues.

Have a good day! 

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos