Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1626 Discussions

oneAPI base toolkit welcome_dpcpp example is hanging

TimmieSmith
Employee

Hi,

On Monday I was able to login to devcloud and run the welcome_dpcpp example.  Today when I run

./q run.sh

The job is submitted to the queue, but doesn't complete.  I kill the job after 2-3 minutes and see the command to source the toolkit setvars.sh ran, but execution of the binary didn't complete.  Attempting to run in an interactive session on a gpu node I see the same issue, ./bin/welcomedpcpp hangs.  I've recompiled the sample and see the same result.

Any pointers on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Timmie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We tried the same from our end and able to run the welcome_dpcpp example successfully.

Please follow the steps below:

1.  cd welcome_dpcpp

2.  ./q build.sh

3.  ./q run.sh

If you are still facing the issue, please share the complete error details along with screenshot if possible. Also let us know the steps you followed.

If you are trying out from /data folder then the output files will not be generated, please copy the example welcome_dpcpp folder to home directory and follow the steps mentioned.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We tried the same from our end and able to run the welcome_dpcpp example successfully.

Please follow the steps below:

1.  cd welcome_dpcpp

2.  ./q build.sh

3.  ./q run.sh

If you are still facing the issue, please share the complete error details along with screenshot if possible. Also let us know the steps you followed.

If you are trying out from /data folder then the output files will not be generated, please copy the example welcome_dpcpp folder to home directory and follow the steps mentioned.

0 Kudos
TimmieSmith
Employee

Hi,

Attempting to run the welcome_dpcpp example again today I am able to compile and run without issue.

Thanks,

Timmie

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue got resolved. We are closing this case. Please raise a new thread if you have any further queries.

Thanks

0 Kudos