Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1660 Discussions

ssh devloud error

rani2402
Beginner

Hi, 

I am trying to connect to the devcloud but I keep receiving this error: 

u187555@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey) .

I looked at previous posts about this issue and nothing has helped me for now.

Note: I can connect via Jupiter notebook, but I get the error when I try to connect via ssh.

Thanks for help in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RemyaP_Intel

Hi , 

Glad to know that. As your new account is working perfectly fine, you can now use that. Please make sure to log out from your old account in Jupyter Notebook and try connecting to DevCloud with your new account. 

If you need any further assistance, let us know.

Otherwise, if this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please confirm which DevCloud you are using? Is it DevCloud for Edge/oneAPI?

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
rani2402
Beginner
0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We assume the issue is not with you account as you are able to connect oneAPI DevCloud via Jupyter Notebook. It could be either with the config file or could be due to proxy settings.

Hence, we recommend you to delete the setup and files created and redo it as mentioned below.

1. Sign in here  and follow the steps given in automatic configuration(option 1). When the script is executed in your terminal you can find a configuration file created ~/.ssh/config.

2. If you are connected to proxy, edit the config file with the proxy_name, hostname and port number

RemyaP_Intel_0-1678888267168.png

After the above steps, you should be able to log in to Intel DevCloud using the command

ssh devcloud

or if connected to proxy 

ssh devcloud.proxy 

If the issue still persist, please share the config file with us in private. 

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
rani2402
Beginner

The problem is indeed from my account.

I created a new one, did exactly the same steps, and succeeded to connect.

It would be great if you could assist me to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi , 

Glad to know that. As your new account is working perfectly fine, you can now use that. Please make sure to log out from your old account in Jupyter Notebook and try connecting to DevCloud with your new account. 

If you need any further assistance, let us know.

Otherwise, if this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi , 

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos