Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1642 Discussions

u160798@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

Habich
Beginner

Dear all,

can anybody help? I cannot access devcloud via ssh.

Thanks,

Dirk

Permission denied (publickey, .......) 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

The public key permission denied error was due to a bug on the web portal SSO introduced Thursday July 14th at ~1pm and resolved at ~10am July 15th. In fixing this bug, if you are still getting this error, please down load the public key as shown in the credentials email.

If you are still facing the issue, please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dirk-Habich
Beginner

Hi,

the problem still exists. I cannot establish a ssh connection with the devcloud. I always get the message: permission denied. Moreover, I cannot download a new setup bash script. I should first enroll for devcloud. If I do so, I get the message that my account already exist.

Thanks,

Dirk

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly follow the below steps.

Steps to check your account and remediate:

1.      Sign into DevCloud : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/

2.      Login/launch Jupyter – Launch Jupyter

3.      Note down account number as shown below in the Welcome.ipynb notebook

AthiraM_Intel_0-1658990119960.png

4.      Next, login with ssh – if error does not show up your account is good.

5.      if permission denied(public key) error message shows up during login with ssh then:

a.      Check your .ssh/config : cat .ssh/config

b.      Does your account number in your ssh/config match with the one showed in in Jupyter(Example : 12345)

c.      Make sure correct account number is reflected in the config file. If not, edit your .ssh/config to correct the account number in .ssh/config to be same as the one with what you see in Jupyter

d.      Login with ssh again

If at any point during the above steps you notice files missing please contact us with your original account number and the correct account number – we will work with the engineering team to help assist copy your files over.

We apologize for this inconvenience cause by the public key error issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Habich
Beginner

Hey,

thank you very much, but it does not help. If I sign into Jupyter, I get the message that I have to enroll for devcloud (see figure in the attachment.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-29 um 08.03.44.png

Please note, I already extended my account some weeks ago. Since that time, I am not able to access devcloud although the extension was successful. If I enroll again, I get the message that the enrollment does not work (see second figure in the attachment).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-29 um 08.04.45.png

Thus, I cannot access Jupyter to follow your steps. Can you reset my account completely? May this will help. 

Thanks and Best,

Dirk

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have applied a backend fix to Jupyter/ssh at 7:55 PM on 31st July, 2022

Please try Jupyter and let us know, if you are still facing any issues

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update? Is your issue resolved?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks.

0 Kudos