Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1626 Discussions

unable to upload media files into devcloud samples code-Object detection

PKLim
Employee

unable to upload media files into devcloud samples code-Object Detection,

I try to upload the media files with no respond, when i try to rename it show Permission denied as below image capture. 

error message.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Phoey,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please give us answer to the below questions:

1. Are you using oneAPI Devcloud or Devcloud for edge?
  2. Are you trying to rename a file in preinstalled sample? If that the case, you don't have permission to rename it.

Regards

Chithra

0 Kudos
PKLim
Employee

HI Chithra, 

I am using Devcloud for edge, I am try to upload customer video for the influence at object detection. it show access denial for upload a files or folder. but I am able to upload a video for other application like people counting. is there possible for us to upload customer video?

Thanks   

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Phoey,

This forum is intended to handle only oneAPI Devcloud issues. Since you are working on Devcloud for edge, we are moving this query to Devcloud for edge forum for a faster response.

Regards,

Chithra

0 Kudos
Eltablawy__Alaa

Hello PKLim,

Thanks for reaching out.

To upload files to the IoT Devcloud, when you access Jupyter hub, click on the upload button on the top right corner of the page and upload your document.

Is that the procedure you followed to upload your file?

You can rename a file you created or uploaded or a file the lives in your home directory.

From the error message below, I believe you were trying to rename  /data/reference-sample-data/object-detection-python/cars_1900.mp4 to a different name, this will need permission.

Instead, you can rename the created link to cars_1900.mp4 in your home directory.

0 Kudos
PKLim
Employee

HI Eltablawy, 

Yes, that is the step i follow. but it didn't respond for an hour, when i try to rename its only pop up the error messages on access denial, when test for other sample, its allow for upload and rename. 

0 Kudos