Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Conda Installation raises AssertionErrors (MatchSpec)

Paul_M_3
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried following instructions provided in the documentation (https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/9d/09/Conda-Guide-for-Intel(R)-Distribution-for-Python-2017.pdf), however, after creating a new conda environment and activating it

conda config --add channels intel
conda create -n intelpython python=3
activate intelpython

trying to install intelpython3_core raises assertion errors (it does not seem to be package-related, since the packages mentioned change from run to run):

conda install intelpython3_core
AssertionError: pytz-2015.4-intel_py2.7_1.tar.bz2 MatchSpec('nose 1.3.7 intel_py
2.7_1')

Some infos on the conda-installation:

platform : win-64
conda version : 3.7.0
conda-build version : 1.8.2
python version : 3.4.1.final.0
requests version : 2.4.1

Is there a way to fix/work around this problem? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robert_C_Intel
Employee

I tried python2 & 3 and it is working for me. Can you try updating your conda? This is what I have.

conda version : 4.0.6
  conda-build version : 1.11.0
       python version : 2.7.11.final.0
     requests version : 2.9.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_C_Intel
Employee

I tried python2 & 3 and it is working for me. Can you try updating your conda? This is what I have.

conda version : 4.0.6
  conda-build version : 1.11.0
       python version : 2.7.11.final.0
     requests version : 2.9.1

0 Kudos
Paul_M_3
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Thanks, updating conda seems to have solved the issue, with 4.0.6 it also worked for me. Could you tell me whether it is at all possible to profile python code without elevated user rights on windows?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Vasilij_L_Intel
Employee

Paul M. wrote:

Could you tell me whether it is at all possible to profile python code without elevated user rights on windows?

Hi Paul,

We've recently released Python profiling support in Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2017 Beta, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/python-profiling

It would obviously require elevated rights to install the software, but afterwards you will be able to profile your Python code without administrative rights using Basic Hotspots analysis. Please check documentation available after installation for more (unfortunately online documentation is available for 2016 release only, 2017 is in Beta status now).

Thanks,

Vasilij

0 Kudos
Kuila__Debdas
Beginner

Dear Intel,

I have installed the "Intel Distribution for Python" and tried to run Python but am not able to succeed as it keeps throwing errors as "conda environment is not active". So, I followed the instruction and have checked at "https://conda.io/projects/conda/en/latest/user-guide/tasks/manage-environments.html#activating-an-environment" but not able to solve the problem.

Please help.

0 Kudos