Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

PyDAAL utilities functions

Oleg_D_1
Beginner

Hi all!

In accordance with the documentation from https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-distribution-for-python/topic/630400

I try to use example for outlier detection: outlier_detection_univariate_bath.py, with Intel Python Distribution (Python 3.5).

I was faced with the next issue: in many examples I see using utils functions. For example:

• from utils import printNumericTable
  • from utils import printArray
  • from utils import printNumericTable, createSparseTable

But I can't find any reference to these functions in my Python distributive. 

Could anybody to provide any guidence or links for this utils function in Python please?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Oleg,

The functions you mention are auxiliary functions for Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library examples.

You can check the contents of the service.h file in C++ documentation and you will see that all these functions are included in this C++ header file that declares the auxiliary functions for Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library examples.

So, these functions you mention belong to Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library examples.

0 Kudos
Oleg_D_1
Beginner

Thanks, Gastón 

I understand, that it's auxilary functions. But in documentation for Intel Python it's functions is not available. 

At now I have no insight, how to use, e.g. algorithm's result (being C++ shared pointers) in Python. 

I'll be very pleasure, if anybody provide simple example.

Thanks, Oleg

0 Kudos
Frank_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Oleg,

you can find the auxiliary functions in the DAAL reference guide as

<root>/daal_dev_guide_ref/daal_ur_guides/daal_python_api/__init___8py-example.htm

The examples assume to find this file as “../utils/__init__.py".

See also https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-distribution-for-python/topic/630400 for getting to the reference guide.

frank

0 Kudos