Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Python Windows mkl_intel_thread.dll bug?

Anthony_H_Intel1
Employee

Intel Python Distribution 2.7 v1.0.0tp1

import numpy as np
x = np.array([3, 5])
np.dot(x,x)

Gives the expected result, but

import numpy as np
x = np.array([3., 5.])
np.dot(x,x)

gives: Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ricardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Anthony,

thank you for your report. We are looking into it and I will get back at as soon as possible.

Ricardo

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel1
Employee

Yes, seems to be path issue. I did not instruct the installer to edit my path. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Min-Jung_K_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.
Is there any update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Min-Jung,

What OS and Python version are you using?
We tried to reproduced your error for 2.7 on both Linux and Windows and everything worked fine.
Could you verify if mkl_intel_thread.dll in your <python_home>/DLLs directory?
If it exists, please try adding that directory to your PATH and repeat your test.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
dog__shaw
Beginner

I have the same problem with the latest conda 5.0.1-4.1 (I've tried them all) and python 3.6-3.4, and the path is set correctly, and the file exists.  Seems like this isn't a path issue anyway if sample code works with integers right? 

0 Kudos
Rajput__Puneet
Beginner

I am also facing same issue. I have copied mkl_intel_thread.dll file to PATH directory also. still I am getting this error as soon as I run my exe. I created this exe by using pyinstaller.  I have checked all PATH variables. Any suggestion....

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.Could you please specify the installation steps you followed with python version and os version so that we can try from our end.

0 Kudos