Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

Singularity %appenv "source: setvars.sh:230:17: parameter expansion requires a literal"

user02
Novice

In the definition file for a Singularity container, sourcing Intel Python's setvars.sh from an "%appenv" section (https://sylabs.io/guides/3.6/user-guide/definition_files.html#apps) consistently produces the following error:

source: setvars.sh:230:17: parameter expansion requires a literal

The same line within %appinstall or when running in a singularity shell works as expected.

I have not been able to debug this. I suspect it may be related to sourcing setvars.sh from within an already sourced script, but I haven't designed experiments to test for that yet. Line 230 of setvars.sh seems innocent enough at first glance. If anyone has any insights to this behavior, please let me know.

Tested with Singularity 3.6, Intel Python from offline, single component "Intel Distribution for Python for Linux" installer (l_pythoni37_oneapi_p_2021.1.1.44_offline.sh).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We are currently working on this. Meanwhile could you share the reproducer code to try from our end.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Could you share us your singularity definition file and steps followed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you,we wont be monitoring this thread.If you need further assistance, please post a new thread.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos