Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Theano + IDP running under Windows: how to get it run

Mikhail_M_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

I have tried to improve performance of Theano via using Intel distribution for python; however, it looks like this process is pretty tricky. Although I created a separate environment under conda named IDP and installed intel-python, nothing special happens with Theano.

If you download IDP betta  and install and then try to run Theano, eventually you get errors during compilation of code.

If someone can suggest the right way to make these two great SW work together, it would be really great. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Christophe_H_Intel2

Hello Mikhail,

We are preparing a Knowledge Base article on this topic.  I will post a link to it here when it is completed.

Chris

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Mikhail,

Intel includes theano 1.0 in the recent Intel® Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2. You can check the details about the theano version and all the included and updated packages in the Release Notes PDF here: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/ec/c7/Intel_Distribution_Python2017U2_Release_Notes.pdf

In case you are subscribed to this thread, you will receive an e-mail. :)

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Mikhail,

My previous answer to this thread is wrong because you are working on Windows. My previous answer is valid only for those working with Linux.

0 Kudos