Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

for_realloc_rhs error when importing dll build with the newest ifort

karsten_b_
Beginner

for_realloc_lhs is new in version 17 of Intel Parallel Studio Fortran.

I build a dll using Visual Studio and the builds fine but when I try and import in python I get:

for_realloc_lhs_0.png

and in the python console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\au339289\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\pyfabm\__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
    fabm = ctypes.CDLL(dllpath)
  File "C:\IntelPython27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 362, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 127] The specified procedure could not be found

Any ideas how to fix this?

Best regards,

Karsten

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
karsten_b_
Beginner

Hi Gaston

My machine has just been re-installed with Window10 (scratching a Windows 7) and I don't have any older versions of the Fortran compiler installed. Don't know if IntelPython comes with its own set of run-time libraries that would be used instead of the Intel Fortran compilers. Anyway if that is the case then the Intel Fortran and Python people sould have a talk.

Karsten

0 Kudos
karsten_b_
Beginner

An update - on the above issue  ...

To get rid of annoying warnings I followed this:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/warning-31001-the-dll-for-reading-and-writing-the-pdb-could-not-be-found-on-your-path

I don't buy the 'liking against wrong libraries' explanation as I don't have any other versions installed. Instead - by coincidence I realized everything works if I compile in Debug mode. As soon s I try in Release mode I get the error explained above.

Karsten

0 Kudos