Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

root install results in incorrect permissions

Orion_P_
New Contributor I

Did a root install of l_python35_p_2017.0.028 on my Scientific Linux 7.2 box, but files in /opt/intel/intelpython35//bin are only executable by root:

-rwxr--r--. 2 root root    3258 Aug 15 01:06 activate

so no other user can use it.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vasily_R_Intel1
Employee

Hello,
Could you check 'umask' setting on your system?
umask
sudo umask
Right now you can change permissions by root "chmod -R 755 /opt/intel/intelpython35/bin" command

0 Kudos
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

root's umask is:

# umask

0 Kudos
Sergey_M_Intel2
Employee

Hi Orion,

I'm the engineering manager for Intel Python. I wanted to follow up with you to let you know that we're working to root-cause the issue. Will get back to you as soon as we find out why you may see incorrect permissions.

Thank you,

Sergey 

0 Kudos
Andres_G_Intel1
Employee

Hello Orion,

Thanks again for using our product! Upon further investigation, we were able to reproduce the error on our end and found that it had to do with the way the binaries were being processed for the installer team. This has been fixed for our Update 1, and that version will be released to the public very soon.

Andres Guzman-Ballen

0 Kudos
Ziv_G_Intel
Employee

Any updates?

Sergey Maidanov (Intel) wrote:

Hi Orion,

I'm the engineering manager for Intel Python. I wanted to follow up with you to let you know that we're working to root-cause the issue. Will get back to you as soon as we find out why you may see incorrect permissions.

Thank you,

Sergey 

0 Kudos
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

I've taken to simply installing the packages directly using the conda package manager via the intel channel.  So I'm all set.

0 Kudos
Andres_G_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ziv and Orion,

I have verified that this problem has been resolved in our Update 1 distribution, which you can download here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-distribution-for-python. Thanks.

Andres

0 Kudos