Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Arria 10 Dev AOCL Flash issues with 2019 R1.1

Jacob_K_Intel
Employee

hello,

I have been bringing online a dual socket Broadwell Xeon computer with ubuntu 16.04 LTS with OpenVINO 2019 R1.1. I have been struggling with enabling the opencl for my Arria 10 Dev pcie card using both the instructions from altera for enabling opencl and the instruction from docs.openvinotoolkit.org. I am able to get openVINO working for cpu no issue. With the fpga steps, I have successfully gotten the card on Jtag and identified as a pcie device with flashing the top and maxV files both through Jtag and quartus programmer. When attempting to AOCL flash the boardtest .acox, I get errors that i don't have a device installed in the computer when i have the a10_ref card with the board flash built for a10_ref. Attached is my messy terminal log of my last attempt. please advise.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Jacob K. ,

Can you kindly try again with OpenVIno 2019R2 which was just released ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Jacob_K_Intel
Employee

2019 r2 does not support the dev model of the arria fpga. thus 1.1 is the last revision that supports it.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Jacob K,

Got it. Allow me a moment to investigate your problem.

Thanks for your patience !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Jacob K,,

You're  having an issue setting up your A10 board, and with just basic boardtest.  This is a case for our standard A10 customer support group, not the OpenVino forum. In fact this issue is occurring before ever loading the DLA plugin or before OpenVino gets involved.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Jacob_K_Intel
Employee

How do I get in contact with the standard A10 customer support group?

0 Kudos
Jacob_K_Intel
Employee

Hey Shudha,

How do I get in contact with the  standard A10 customer support group?

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Jacob K.,

I would start with something from Intel Altera Support Page .

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos