Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

[BERT][TF2.5][Einsum] Einsum Ops not supported ?

claeysre
Beginner

I am trying to convert a finetuned BERT Base in Intermediate Representation of OpenVino using the following command line:

python mo.py --input_model C:\Users\my.user\Documents\data\BERT\imdb\v1_frozen_graph.pb --input "input_mask_ids{i32}[1 512],input_type_ids{i32}[1 512],input_word_ids{i32}[1 512]" --output_dir C:\Users\my.user\Documents\data\BERT\imdb\v1_openvino

I obtained this for each layer:

[ ERROR ]  List of operations that cannot be converted to Inference Engine IR:
[ ERROR ]      Einsum (96)
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/self_attention/key/einsum/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/self_attention/query/einsum/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/self_attention/einsum/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/self_attention/value/einsum/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/self_attention/einsum_1/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/self_attention/attention_output/einsum/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/intermediate/einsum/Einsum
[ ERROR ]          StatefulPartitionedCall/model/bert_encoder_1/transformer/layer_5/output/einsum/Einsum

I was wondering how is that Einsum is not supported (from the Doc) whereas BERT models (checkpoints in tf1.15 from the original repo) are successfully converted ? Or am i missing something ?

To create my model I executed the following steps:

- Download a tf.1.15 bert-base checkpoint from the original bert repo (stated as supported in the documentation)

- Converted this checkpoint in tf.25

- I added a dense layer upon the BERT to do some dummy sentiment classification on imdb and reached a correct accuracy.

- Exported the model as a frozen graph.

Thank you very much,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Currently, BERT Einsum is not supported for OpenVINO 2021.3 and PR has initiated to enable this - Extend MO for operation Einsum-7 by rkazants · Pull Request #5401 · openvinotoolkit/openvino (github.com)

The development for this is in progress and targeted to be released in OpenVINO 2021.4.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos