Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

[Bug report] Unsupported primitive of type: ReverseSequence

ha__minh_quyet
Beginner

Dear Intel' developer,

Thank you very much for publishing the new version of the OpenVINO Toolkit. In the release note, I found that the added version supports the ReverseSequence layer for Model Optimizer and Inference Engine. However, I got the following error: "RuntimeError: Unsupported Primitive Type: ReverseSequence". In addition, my target device is MYRIAD, I hope you to be able to support the layer in the next release.

Thanks again for this wonderful toolkit.

Best regards,

HA Minh Quyet

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest ha, minh quyet,

Thank you for the compliment ! Yes you are correct, at this time ReverseSequence is not a supported layer on Myriad. The supported Myriad layers are listed here:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_IE_DG_supported_plugins_MYRIAD.html

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. It's not really a bug, but it's a feature request. I will definitely file a feature request for this layer on your behalf.

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
ha__minh_quyet
Beginner

Dear Shubha R,

Thank you for your comment. I got the same error with the ReverseSequence layer on CPU. However the release note of OpenVINO toolkit 2019 R1 said that it support for the operations in CPU and GPU.

Best regards,

HA Minh Quyet

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest ha, minh quyet, 

If you got the same error on CPU and GPU, this is potentially a bug. Please give me details about the model you used (is it a public model ) ?

Also  give me your exact Model Optimizer command as well. If it's not a public model, I will PM you so that you can privately send me a *.zip file and I will debug it.

Also you got the error during runtime, so it's assumed that MO worked fine. What inference script did you use ? Did you use one of the OpenVino samples ?

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
ha__minh_quyet
Beginner

Dear Shubha,

Thank you for your comment. It is a private model , would you please PM me and I can privately send you the model. I used the inference script in classification_sample.py

Best regards,

HA Minh Quyet

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear ha, minh quyet I have PM'd you. Please send me your model as a *.zip file.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest ha, minh quyet,

Please try adding -l <PATH_TO cpu_extension.dll> or cpu_extension.so to the classification_sample command-line. You can read more about this switch in the documentation below:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_inference_engine_samples_classification_sample_README.html

Please report back here on your progress.

Thanks for using OpenVino minh !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Viacheslav_M_Intel

Hi,

As Shubha has already suggested, you need to load CPU extension lib. The required functionality (ReverseSequence layer handling) was added here in scope of 2019R1 release. Let me just correct the link to the documentation because as far as I understand ha, minh is using Python version of the sample:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_inference_engine_ie_bridges_python_sample_classification_sample_README.html

Please check and confirm if it's working fine or not!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ha__minh_quyet
Beginner

Dear all,

The ReverseSequence is a extension layer supported on CPU plugin, thus, I have to load the CPU extension lib in "deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/". After loading the lib, my application was not response 5 hour in the loading network to plugin step, then, I interrupted it by keyboard. The issue may occur due to the memory corruption bug.  However, the problem has been fixed from the version 2019R2 of OpenVINO Toolkit.

Thank you so much for your work.

Best regards,

Minh Quyet

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Minh Quyet,

Glad it works now. I filed a bug because of you actually ! (Bug reproduction with the huge model  which you sent me earlier this year).

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos