Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Build Path Error When Running Demos

idata
Employee

Hello!

I am currently trying to run the demos included in the SDK for Movidius NCS 2. The issue that I am running into (I have a Windows 10 Home PC) is that I keep getting the following error:

[USER_NAME being my actual name]

The system cannot find the path specified.

0 file(s) copied.

The system cannot find the path specified.

classification_sample.exe -i C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456\deployment_tools\demo\car.png -m "C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU

'classification_sample.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Error

I follow the path that is causing the error and notice that the folder 'Intel' doesn't even exist in my Documents folder. I meticulously followed the installation guide, so I am unsure as to where I went off?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi @Julian_Orteil ,

Thanks for reaching out. May I ask which version of OpenVINO Toolkit you have installed? After running the demos: _demo_security_barrier_camera.bat_ and _demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat_ (to validate my OpenVINO Toolkit install), I followed the instructions of the Inference Engine Developer Guide for Windows here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-InferEngine#inpage-nav-4-4-3. The compilation result of the examples for me put the binaries in C:/Users/engin/Documents/Intel/OpenVINO/inference_engine_samples_2017/intel64/Release (it may vary a little depending on the "Solution Configurations" selected on Microsoft Visual Studio and the Visual Studio version itself).

Binaries location and contents

Directory of C:\Users\engin\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\intel64\Release

03/06/2019 12:38 PM 228,352 benchmark_app.exe

03/06/2019 12:41 PM 533,504 calibration_tool.exe

03/06/2019 12:29 PM 253,440 classification_sample.exe

03/06/2019 12:38 PM 260,608 classification_sample_async.exe

After the compilation completed, then I went ahead and executed the demo with the command as shown below. Please give the guide a try and let me know your results, I hope this helps resolve your issue.

<strong>C:\Users\engin\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\intel64\Release></strong> <i>classification_sample.exe -i C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk\deployment_tools\demo\car.png -m C:\Users\engin\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.xml -d CPU</i>

Please give the guide a try and let me know your results, there might be an extra step to compile the samples for the MYRIAD (NCS2) plugin instead of the CPU but it should be straightforward. I hope this helps resolve your issue, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos