Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

CMake Error: "InferenceEngineDeveloperPackage" Raspbian OS

Gordonnn
Beginner

Hi, 

I am trying to install OpenVino Toolkit with NCS2 for the Raspberry Pi 4B, Raspbian OS.

I have been following the instructions stated here:
https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000057005/boards-and-kits.html

I have encountered an error at this step:

Use the -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON option. To specify an exact Python version, use the following options:

-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=`which python3.7` \

-DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpython3.7m.so \

-DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/python3.7

Below is what is shown when I try to execute the command:

pi@raspberrypi:~/openvino/inference-engine/ie_bridges/python $ cmake -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON \
>
CMake Warning:
No source or binary directory provided. Both will be assumed to be the
same as the current working directory, but note that this warning will
become a fatal error in future CMake releases.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:26 (find_package):
By not providing "FindInferenceEngineDeveloperPackage.cmake" in
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has asked CMake to find a package
configuration file provided by "InferenceEngineDeveloperPackage", but CMake
did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by
"InferenceEngineDeveloperPackage" with any of the following names:

InferenceEngineDeveloperPackageConfig.cmake
inferenceenginedeveloperpackage-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "InferenceEngineDeveloperPackage" to
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "InferenceEngineDeveloperPackage_DIR" to a
directory containing one of the above files. If
"InferenceEngineDeveloperPackage" provides a separate development package
or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/pi/openvino/inference-engine/ie_bridges/python/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I have already install the requirements and tried to remedy with this solution thread since they are similar:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-of-OpenVINO/Python-ie-api/m-p/1194034#M19938

Both my cmake and opencv are downloaded following the instructions from here:
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/arm-sbc-and-ncs2.html

I have no idea whether it is the correct way to download them. I have followed the instruction for arm-sbs-and-ncs2 and tried building the dldt folder but faced this error:

pi@raspberrypi:~/dldt/inference-engine/build $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
> -DENABLE_MKL_DNN=OFF \
> -DENABLE_CLDNN=OFF \
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/pi/dldt/inference-engine/build/ " does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

I am very confused right now. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peh_Intel

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

For your information, under the section “Building” in the article, it mentions “Use the -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON and so on…” to highlight where to specify an exact Python version.

You don’t have to execute this command because it will be executed later together with the CMake building system. And these backslashes (\) used in the article is for telling that the following commands are not separated and are not included in the command line. So, the command line should be like this:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DENABLE_MKL_DNN=OFF -DENABLE_CLDNN=OFF -DENABLE_GNA=OFF -DENABLE_SSE42=OFF -DTHREADING=SEQ -DENABLE_OPENCV=OFF -DENABLE_SAMPLES=ON -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=$(which python3.7) -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpython3.7m.so -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/python3.7 -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-latomic -DOPENCV_EXTRA_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-latomic ..

Please continue to follow the instructions in this article: https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000057005/boards-and-kits.html

Regards,

Peh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

For your information, under the section “Building” in the article, it mentions “Use the -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON and so on…” to highlight where to specify an exact Python version.

You don’t have to execute this command because it will be executed later together with the CMake building system. And these backslashes (\) used in the article is for telling that the following commands are not separated and are not included in the command line. So, the command line should be like this:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DENABLE_MKL_DNN=OFF -DENABLE_CLDNN=OFF -DENABLE_GNA=OFF -DENABLE_SSE42=OFF -DTHREADING=SEQ -DENABLE_OPENCV=OFF -DENABLE_SAMPLES=ON -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=$(which python3.7) -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpython3.7m.so -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/python3.7 -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-latomic -DOPENCV_EXTRA_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-latomic ..

Please continue to follow the instructions in this article: https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000057005/boards-and-kits.html

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Gordonnn
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks very much, I've managed to get it running.

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Gordon,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos