Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Can I use two devices at the same time?

idata
Employee

Hi, Experts

If the performance of one movidius is not enough, can I use two movidus at the same time?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @baigang

Yes! You can use multiple NCS devices to speed up inference. Are you using the NCSDK with the NCS1 or OpenVINO?

If you're using the NCSDK, there's a GoogLeNet sample in the ncappzoo that shows how to use more than one NCS (here). Another sample program you can look at is one made by an NCS community member, where he uses MobileNetSSD and multiple NCS devices to do object detection.

If you're using OpenVINO (with NCS1 or NCS2) you can refer to the OpenVINO documentation under "Multiple NCS Devices" Here is another example that uses multiple NCS with OpenVINO.

I hope this information is helpful!

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Sahira.

I use OpenVINO with NCS2.

I have another question. Can I run two different network for two NCS2, such as a pose estimation algorithm on NCS2-a, and a face recognize algorithm on NCS2-b?

Best Regards,

Baigang

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @baigang

Do you mean running two different networks in one running application on two NCS2? Or do you mean running two NCS2 with different networks independently of each other?

Sincerely,

Sahira
0 Kudos