Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR on VMWare Linux

mark6
Beginner

Hello,

Just installed the latest openvino tools on a Ubuntu 18.04 Linux hosted on my Windows 10 machine.

Demo runs fine with CPU. 

When I add "-d MARIAD", I get the errors:

[ INFO ] Loading detection model to the MYRIAD plugin
E: [ncAPI] [ 750185] [security_barrie] ncDeviceOpen:1011 Failed to find booted device after boot
[ ERROR ] Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR
Error on or near line 198; exiting with status 1

The VM has recognized the "Intel Movidius MariadX" USB device without issues.

But when I run the demo, it seems to be disconnecting the device and tries to reconnect to a "VSC Loopback Device", which failed.   

I saw the previous posts with similar issues on VirtualBox. 

Anyone has experienced the issue with VMWare workstation?

Thanks

Mark6

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi mark6,

Thanks for reaching out. The loopback device is how he Intel® NCS shows itself when running inference, so you need to set up USB settings for both device IDs. This error is solved in VirtualBox by adding a new USB device filter with VID = 03e7 and PID = f63b in addition to VID = 03e7 and PID = 2485 in the USB settings.

Please try to do that on the VMWare system and tell us if the issue persists. You can refer to this similar thread for additional information.

Best regards,

David C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi mark6,

Thanks for reaching out. The loopback device is how he Intel® NCS shows itself when running inference, so you need to set up USB settings for both device IDs. This error is solved in VirtualBox by adding a new USB device filter with VID = 03e7 and PID = f63b in addition to VID = 03e7 and PID = 2485 in the USB settings.

Please try to do that on the VMWare system and tell us if the issue persists. You can refer to this similar thread for additional information.

Best regards,

David C

0 Kudos
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi mark6,

As we have not heard from you, this thread will no longer be monitored. If you need additional information, please submit a new question.

Regards,

David C.

0 Kudos