Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Can't change my avatar in this forum

samontab
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

There's no dedicated forum for talking about the forum, the Getting Started section of the forum is all locked, so I couldn't ask there. Since I'm going to be interacting here, I'll ask it here.

I know that you need to reach the ranking level of Valued Contributor 1 to change your avatar, as specified here. As you can see in my profile, it says that I'm a Valued Contributor II, although I don't have the option to change my avatar in My Settings > Avatars. There's just no section named Avatars there.

This might be because my account was transferred from the old Developer Zone forum. Also I've noticed people have some kind of icons next to their names, but I don't have that either. Might be related, or not.

In any case, I would like to be able to change my avatar. If anyone could do some magic to make it happen it would be awesome, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi there,

You're right that you can only update your Avatar once you hit Value Contributor 1, and that you should have that enabled for you. Sorry about that! We're still learning this new platform and we'll enable the avatar for everyone next week who qualifies. Until then, I've got yours enabled right now. 

Just email intel.community@intel.com to get ahold of me. Thanks!

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi there,

You're right that you can only update your Avatar once you hit Value Contributor 1, and that you should have that enabled for you. Sorry about that! We're still learning this new platform and we'll enable the avatar for everyone next week who qualifies. Until then, I've got yours enabled right now. 

Just email intel.community@intel.com to get ahold of me. Thanks!

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for that Mary.

Unfortunately I still cannot quite set it.

Now there is an Avatar option in My Settings, but I can only pick one from the Community collection. There's no option for me to pick my own image from my Image Gallery.

I've read that "You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved. ". I do have some images uploaded to my profile but they don't show up at all.

I also tried re uploading an image, and then I found there's a somewhat hidden option for the image that says: "Flag Image For Review". I clicked that assuming that's for approving the image, but got this:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue."

I hope the process of setting my avatar from my own image is not as complicated as this!

In any way, I'm still not able to change my avatar to one of my own images. I can now only change it to the Community collection ones.

Apparently I need more magic @MaryT_Intel !

0 Kudos