Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Current Movidius temperature on Windows?

idata
Employee

Hi, is there any way to read current Movidius temperature on Windows?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @MaxShtaba

Which Movidius device are you using?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I use NCS version 1 at the moment.

But I could try NCS version 2 soon.

The task is the same - monitor Movidius temperature on Windows.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We already use OpenVino on our Windows C# project, but we didn't find out how to get current temperature using OpenVino. Maybe you can assist with that?

Also tried NCSDK APIv1 on Windows, but I got MVNC_NO_DATA while trying to receive MVNC_THERMAL_STATS. The same problem I got on Linux and mentioned it in another ticket:

https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/1574/receiving-mvnc-no-data-on-mvncgetdeviceoption-mvnc-thermal-stats#latest

Your advice in that ticket work fine, but I still need to get temperature on Windows.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @MaxShtaba

I have not tested the NCSDK APIv1 on Windows myself as it is not officially supported. At the moment it is not possible to read the device temperature on OpenVINO, we have added this as a feature request for consideration.

Could you share additional details to your specific use case? How will you be using the temperature reading in your application?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, @Jesus_at_Intel

I succeeded to create the mixed c++ project, using the source code of APIv1 for Windows and APIv2 for Linux and now we are able to receive the temperature on Windows. Unfortunately, the Movidius firmware for APIv2, that I am using does not support Stick v2 and is not compatible with OpenVino's firmware. But we can use it now for a while.

I will describe our use case on another ticket.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos