Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Does Movidius support SSD VGGNet ??

idata
Employee

I download a model from the SSD branch of Caffe which is an VGGNet model trained with the COCO dataset. (With 81 classes). I compiled the model using mvNCCompile and it compiled successfully. Then I used this code to run inference:

Pastebin link

However, I get the following error:

E: [ 0] dispatcherEventReceive:200 dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -1

On this line:

(output, _) = output_fifo.read_elem()

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

@Samuel I was able to reproduce the issue you were seeing with the model you provided and I've previously come across a similar issue with a different network. For the other network, the users were able to resolve their issue by reducing their input size. We are still investigating the root cause of this issue. I'll report back to this thread if I find anything. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel Thanks for assisting on this. I really need object detection to work on specific class on Movidius.My initial thought was that it is a bug with the NSDK2 so I downloaded and compiled NSDK1. I recompiled the model and now it does not show any error during real-time detection. However, it shows hundreds of boxes with confidence lower than 2%

0 Kudos