Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Does NCS support only matrix multiplication like CUDA(GPGPU), not neural network?

idata
Employee

For example, matrix A and B are 100*100 dimension.

C = A * B

Does NCS suport this matrix multiplicaion?

I know we can use tensforflow to implement it, if A is input and B is weights matrix. I just want to do numerical calculation, not neural network. CUDA(GPGPU) support this function. Does NCS support it.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Could your support person contact me? I work in National University of Singapore. I plan to use NCS to do visual SLAM. my email : elescho@nus.edu.sg

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @SamShen

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Neural Compute Stick (NCS). The NCS does not support a pure math application since it was designed specifically for deploying neural networks.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Jesus_at_Intel I appreciate your answer. I know the workaround to use neural network to implement pure math application. I've bought NCS2 and I have tried it and prove it can do. However it's complicated and the function is limited.

Can I ask further question: "Myria Development Kit & Board" can do traditional computer vision. Where I can buy it?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @SamShen

The Myriad Development Kit is meant for customer purchases in large volume. Please visit the Movidius Contact site for non-NCS related inquiries.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Got it. I see. I've to look for other solution.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos