Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Downloading old Openvino kit releases?

tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Hello!

I happend to try out Openvino kit R1.0.1 today (for comparison with the latest releases), but R1.0.1 seems to be a bit old and I cannot find it on the download server (below).

https://storage.openvinotoolkit.org/repositories/openvino/packages/

Is there any archive that has this old version?
Or, building from the source is the only way (how)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.0.1 release package is no longer available to download. However, you can still build from source OpenVINO 2019_R1.0.1 from the OpenVINO™ GitHub page.

On another note, to build the OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.0.1 Inference Engine you can refer to the guide here.

Regards,

Megat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.0.1 release package is no longer available to download. However, you can still build from source OpenVINO 2019_R1.0.1 from the OpenVINO™ GitHub page.

On another note, to build the OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.0.1 Inference Engine you can refer to the guide here.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Hello.
Thank you for your suggestion.

I could built inference-engine tree from the source, but I am curious how its result differs from the R1.0.1 kit package.
In particular, I could not find scripts/setupvars.sh file or INSTALLDIR, INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR environment variables (where they should be set, etc.)

I wonder:

1)scripts/setupvars.sh did not exist in the R1.0.1 package?
2)make install installs libaries in /usr/local/..., not in /opt/intel

Did R1.0.1 package have installer scripts which I could not find in the inference-engine source tree?
Or, there were not such thing?

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Setting up the Environment Variables is only required when OpenVINO™ is installed from the package installer. It is not required when building from source since it is already done in Step 5 of the Build Steps for Linux. Both the "/opt/intel" folder and installer scripts are also only used when OpenVINO™ is installed through the package installer.

For your information, I have built from source OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.0.1 and validated the OpenVINO™ build by running the benchmark app in the bin directory. I show my result below:

19build.png

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Hello.

Yes, I also could build and app like benchmark_app are in openvino/inference-engine/intel64/Release.
This is fine so far.

My concern is that 3rd party apps built for OpenVINO may expect environment variables set by setupvars.sh, (though whcih I am not sure if it existed for R1.0.1).

Example:

https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ODYSSEY-X86J4105-Intel-OpenVINO/

It says the follows:

>Set the Environment Variables
>You must update several environment variables before you can compile and run OpenVINO™ applications. Run the following script to temporarily set your environment variables:

I would like to know what is equivalent of this for R1.0.1 built from source.
(If it is the case that R1.0.1 did not have it, then it is fine but I am happy if I can be sure.)

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

The guide you provided installed OpenVINO™ from the package installer, and is required to run the setupvars.sh script to temporarily set the environment variables.

When building OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.0.1 from source, you are already setting the environment variable in Step 5 of the Build Steps for Linux, therefore setupvars.sh script is not needed.

For your information, I was able to run the benchmark app in the previous reply without running any setupvars.sh script. 

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Ok, thank you very much.
I think I can follow this as common understandind and 3rdpary replying on any further (undocumented) behavior of old package may need adjustment.

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Thank you for your question. This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos