Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

[Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: Unsupported Mean operation

idata
Employee

I am trying to compile Inception-Resenet-V1 (facenet) and I see the mean operation is not supported by the NCS stick yet. Just wanted to see if there plans to support this netowrk architecture and/or the operation.

Here is the network I am using: https://github.com/davidsandberg/facenet

Thanks,

Roman
0 Kudos
19 Replies
idata
Employee

@traderking Hi. To investigate this further, I want to reproduce the problem you encountered. Can you provide the command you used to compile this network? If we don't support the Mean operation, I would like to confirm this so we can add the feature to the NCSDK in the future. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok.

Here is the direct link to download the .meta file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5MzpY9kBtDVZ2RpVDYwWmxoSUk/edit

The commend I used: mvNCCompile model-20170512-110547.meta -s 12 -in=input -on=Logits/biases/ExponentialMovingAverage/Assign

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@traderking It looks like we do have support for the mean operation, but there is a restriction on the shape for the mean operation. If you take a look at the Tensorflow parser located in the /opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-x86_64/tk/Controllers directory, you can see what I'm talking about.

elif node.type == "Mean": if debug: print("Mean") inputs = node.inputs[0] input_shape = node.inputs[0].get_shape() dimensions = node.inputs[1].eval() if dimensions[0] != 1 or dimensions[1] != 2: throw_error( ErrorTable.StageDetailsNotSupported, "Unsupported Mean operation")

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello!

I am facing the same problem while trying to parse the FaceNet model in Tensorflow.

I can see that the Mean operation is supported by NCSDK but unable to trace exactly why and where the dimension mismatch is happening. Can you please help with the same?

The meta file and checkpoints are the same as what@traderking shared.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel We have investigated this issue further and identified the shape for our network (inception-resnet-v1) Mean operation is 3 dimensional:

(160, 160, 3). So, it makes sense why it is breaking as it seems NCS only supports 2-dimensional.

Do you have plans to support 3 dimensional Mean operations in the future? Or will we need to find a work-around for this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@traderking were you able to find a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@traderking Thank you for bringing these types of issues to the forum. We are looking to add as much support to the NCSDK as possible with priority for issues/features that developers request the most. We don't have support for 3 dimensional means at the moment, but we will definitely take this into consideration for a future release.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would like to add an update on this issue.

This happens because the 3D Mean operation is performed during training time. Remove training related features as per https://movidius.github.io/ncsdk/tf_compile_guidance.html

FaceNet compiles successfully after this.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@suryaprakashmcw Thanks for that update suryaprakashmcw!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@suryaprakashmcw @traderking We have a new facenet example code available @ https://github.com/movidius/ncappzoo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel thanks for the example. I tried compiling facenet for NCS and running into issues.

1) I downloaded the model 20170512-110547.zip and placed into facenet root directory.

2) run make all

Error I am receiving: [Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: Top Not Found InceptionResnetV1/Bottleneck/BatchNorm/FusedBatchNorm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@traderking Just to check, are you running NCSDK version 1.12? It can be found @ https://github.com/movidius/ncsdk/releases/tag/v1.12.00.01

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel works with 1.2:) Thanks for the support!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@traderking Glad to hear it's working for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel

Hi, I am actually facing similar error when I try to use mvNCCompile on model with following layers:

batch_normalization

vgg19

dense 50

dense 3

[Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: Top Not Found batch_normalization_1/batchnorm/add_1

I am trying to compile the model on Raspberry Pi 3, and previously I was using NCSDK version 2.0.

After reading the comments above, I tried uninstalling v2 with 'make uninstall', and reinstall the version provided on the link.

The installation of v1.12 was successful but the message that pops up after entering the mvNCCompile command still is:

"mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @Movidius Ltd 2016"

It looks like version 1.12 is not being installed?

Anyways, my original problem has not been fixed and I was wondering if you could guide me in solving the error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@KaungB

The installation of v1.12 was successful but the message that pops up after entering the mvNCCompile command still is:

"mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @Movidius Ltd 2016"

It looks like version 1.12 is not being installed?

The version of NCSDK does not seem to be related at all to the above display.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@PINTO

@Tome_at_Intel

I guess you're right.

I reinstalled ncsdk version 2.0.8 and am trying to figure out the actual error:

[Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: Top Not Found batch_normalization_1/batchnorm/add_1

I am currently using tensorflow version 1.9.0 and the first 20 or so operations looks like this:

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

(,),

** (,),**

(,),

It seems like the one that is bolded is causing the error and I was wondering if there is a way to get around this.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Or is the operation itself not supported?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@KaungB

Since NCSDK is unstable, I recommend using OpenVINO.

https://github.com/PINTO0309/OpenVINO-YoloV3#1-work-with-laptoppc-ubuntu-1604
0 Kudos