Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Error on OpenVINO installation on Mac OS

AdamHKB
Beginner

When attempting to install OpenVINO on my macbook (Mac OS Big Sur) by following the installation guide on this page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_macos.html 

When run the following script on my terminal:

source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh

I got the following Warning outputs:

[setupvars.sh] WARNING: Can not find OpenVINO Python binaries by path /Users/python

[setupvars.sh] WARNING: OpenVINO Python environment does not set properly

[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

Please help.

Regards, Adam.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Adam,

Greetings to you. Python 3.6 - 3.7 is required for OpenVINO 2021.2. What Python version are you using now?

Could you please try running the verification script given below, to check if your MacOS installed correctly?  https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.2/openvino_docs_get_started_get_started_macos.html#image_classification_demo_script

For your information, OpenVINO 2021.2 is officially supported on macOS * 10.15.x versions (Catalina).  

Regards,

Yu Chern

0 Kudos
AdamHKB
Beginner

Hi Yu Cern,

This has not helped me in anyway.

I am using Python 3.8, as your getting started page stated that it works with python versions 3.6-3.8.

I am currently using MacOS Big Sur as I stated in the first post, so saying OpenVINO is supported on Os Catalina doesn't help me in any way.

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Adam,

Greetings to you. Sorry for your inconvenience. Referring to Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for macOS, under the “Software Requirements” and “Operating Systems” section, it is stated Python 3.6 - 3.7 and macOS* 10.15.

Note: For Windows 10, OpenVINO 2021.2 works with Python 3.6 - 3.8 64-bit.

OpenVINO 2021.2 for macOS has not been officially validated for MacOS 11 (Big Sur) and Python 3.8.

However, you may also try running the verification script, since you get warning message instead of error message. It might work anyway but we can’t guarantee.

For your information, I am using Python 3.7.9 in my machine and everything works well.

Regards,

Yu Chern

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Yu Chern

0 Kudos