Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error when I Run the Image Classification Verification Script

NGARUIYA__Eliud
Beginner

I'm installing OpenVINO Toolkit on my PC, I have gone through all the steps without any trouble until I got to Use Verification Scripts to Verify Your Installation

I am getting the following error when I run the first demo: > demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat

[ INFO ] Loading network files
[ ERROR ] Error loading xmlfile: C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\public\squeezenet1.1\FP16\squeezenet1.1.xml, File was not found at line: 1 pos: 0
Error

Any assistance will be really appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi Eliud,

Thank you for reaching out.

You need to make sure if you installed the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ to the non-default install directory, you will need to replace "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools" with the directory in which you installed the software to configure the model optimizer and set the environment variables properly.

Also, I can see that there is a space in the path of the models. In your case "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\Documents\...", the space between the username may cause some issues.

We recommend you to edit the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat file under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\ directory and make it look like this:

# line #102:
python "%downloader_dir%\downloader.py" --name "%model_name%" --output_dir "%models_path%" --cache_dir "%models_cache%"

# line #107:
if exist "%ir_dir%" (

You may need to modify the file as Administrator to be able to save the changes. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Regards,

Javier A.

0 Kudos
NGARUIYA__Eliud
Beginner

Javier, Acevedo (Intel) wrote:

Hi Eliud,

Thank you for reaching out.

You need to make sure if you installed the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ to the non-default install directory, you will need to replace "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools" with the directory in which you installed the software to configure the model optimizer and set the environment variables properly.

Also, I can see that there is a space in the path of the models. In your case "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\Documents\...", the space between the username may cause some issues.

We recommend you to edit the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat file under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\ directory and make it look like this:

# line #102:
python "%downloader_dir%\downloader.py" --name "%model_name%" --output_dir "%models_path%" --cache_dir "%models_cache%"

# line #107:
if exist "%ir_dir%" (

You may need to modify the file as Administrator to be able to save the changes. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Regards,

Javier A.

I made the changes and got this error:

Model Optimizer version:        2019.3.0-408-gac8584cb7
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
[ ERROR ]  ----------------- INTERNAL ERROR ----------------
[ ERROR ]  Unexpected exception happened.
[ ERROR ]  Please contact Model Optimizer developers and forward the following information:
[ ERROR ]  DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
[ ERROR ]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\main.py", line 298, in main
    return driver(argv)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\main.py", line 250, in driver
    import mo.pipeline.caffe as mo_caffe
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\pipeline\caffe.py", line 22, in <module>
    from mo.front.caffe import custom_layers_mapping, loader
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\front\caffe\loader.py", line 24, in <module>
    from google.protobuf import text_format
  File "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\protobuf\text_format.py", line 54, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import type_checkers
  File "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\protobuf\internal\type_checkers.py", line 55, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import decoder
  File "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\protobuf\internal\decoder.py", line 90, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import encoder
  File "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\protobuf\internal\encoder.py", line 73, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import wire_format
  File "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\protobuf\internal\wire_format.py", line 36, in <module>
    from google.protobuf import descriptor
  File "C:\Users\Aurora Marlin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\protobuf\descriptor.py", line 47, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.pyext import _message
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

[ ERROR ]  ---------------- END OF BUG REPORT --------------
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
FAILED:
squeezenet1.1
Error

0 Kudos