Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

How to install the supplied caffe with CUDA / cuDNN support?

Hi,

I want to use the same machine for training, tuning and prototyping. For efficient training caffe needs to use CUDA / cuDNN, but the toolkit installs without it. If I comment out this line in setup.sh

# sed -i 's/CPU_ONLY "Build Caffe without CUDA support" OFF/CPU_ONLY "Build Caffe without CUDA support" ON/' CMakeLists.txt

cmake correctly installs with CUDA / cuDNN but make fails afterwards:

[ 0%] Running C++/Python protocol buffer compiler on /opt/movidius/caffe/src/caffe/proto/caffe.proto Scanning dependencies of target proto [ 0%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/proto.dir/__/__/include/caffe/proto/caffe.pb.cc.o [ 1%] Linking CXX static library ../../lib/libproto.a [ 1%] Built target proto [ 1%] Building NVCC (Device) object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir/layers/cuda_compile_generated_crop_layer.cu.o nvcc fatal : Unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_61' CMake Error at cuda_compile_generated_crop_layer.cu.o.cmake:207 (message): Error generating /opt/movidius/caffe/build/src/caffe/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir/layers/./cuda_compile_generated_crop_layer.cu.o src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/build.make:469: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir/layers/cuda_compile_generated_crop_layer.cu.o' failed make[2]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/cuda_compile.dir/layers/cuda_compile_generated_crop_layer.cu.o] Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:304: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all' failed make[1]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all] Error 2 Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2 Installation failed. Error on line 129

Is it possible to install the supplied caffe with CUDA / cuDNN support or do I need to have an 'external' installation of it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Easiest way would be to have caffe-gpu installed in a separate virtualenv. Just remember to modify your PYTHONPATH and exclude movidius out of it when running caffe-gpu.

0 Kudos