Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

How to save the ID and show it when using Multi Camera Multi Person Python* Demo version2020.3

Lenard-Lim
Beginner

May I know how to save the re-identification ID and show it? I am set up this demo and it can re-identify the same person with same ID but I don't not how to save the ID and show it. I don't understand the meaning of "The demo can use a JSON file with detections instead of a person detector". I put the given structure of code in the file and name it as Json.py.

Then I write the command line:
python3 multi_camera_multi_person_tracking.py \
-i 0 2 \
--m_detector /home/lenard/Downloads/openvino/open_model_zoo/demos/python_demos/multi_camera_multi_person_tracking/person-detection-retail-0013/FP16/person-detection-retail-0013.xml \
--m_reid /home/lenard/Downloads/openvino/open_model_zoo/demos/python_demos/multi_camera_multi_person_tracking/person-reidentification-retail-0103/FP16/person-reidentification-retail-0103.xml \
--save_detections /home/lenard/Downloads/openvino/open_model_zoo/demos/python_demos/multi_camera_multi_person_tracking/Json.py \
--config config.py

I don't know it is put like this or not but It doesn't show any detected ID.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Lenard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. '--save_detections' parameter is applied in order to save the bounding boxes information recorded during the demo execution. The command may create a file that contains the frame id's number, scores recorded, and bounding boxes data. The structure of the created file would be similar as follows:

{"frame_id": 0, "scores": [], "boxes": []}

If possible, you may add '--history_file' parameter to the demo program. The mentioned parameter may record each recognized ID with its corresponding timestamps and bounding boxes information during the demo execution.

If you want to save the feature of the recognize ID, then you may need to explore sct.py in the demo's mc_tracker folder. Please be noted that the script is a bit complicated to learn and modifying the script is not recommended. Modifying the script might cause the demo unable to perform properly

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
Lenard-Lim
Beginner

Hi Adli,

Thank you for your solution. So, I can say the '--history_file' cammand line can save each recognize ID. right?
Here the recognize ID is mean both camera have same ID right? If one camera detect object ID1 and ID2 but second camera just detect object ID1 and object ID2 is occluded by object ID1. Then will it be save in the file?

Your say "feature of the recognize ID'', may I know will it show any  function?

Regards
Lenard

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Lenard,

'--history_file' enables the demo program to create a file that contains the results of the demo. Only detected and recognize IDs and their corresponding information which is the results of the demo will be recorded in the file.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
Lenard-Lim
Beginner

HI Adli

So which is mean that even though I detect the object 2 in camera 2 but because my camera 1 not detect object 2 . So it won't store the detected ID in the file. The camera must be overlapping camera then it will store it in the file.

May I know any method to save the object 2's ID?

Regard
Lenard

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Lenard,

As long as one of the cameras (whether it is camera 1 or camera 2) detects and recognizes object 2, then object 2's ID will be recorded and stored in the file.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
Lenard-Lim
Beginner

Hi Adli

Thank for your explanation. May I know if I want to add a very simple counting inside this demo, any suggestion or sources can use to do it?

Regards,
Lenard 

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Lenard,

You are free to study and review the multi_camera_multi_target_tracking.py script in the folder. Please be noted that modifying the demo code is not recommended.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Lenard,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos