Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Install_prerequisites_caffe.bat failing

SteakStyles
Beginner

I have been attempting to run the demos under /deployment_toos/. However, whenever I run a demo, I get the message 

\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites\..\mo\utils\extract_release_version.py') was unexpected at this time. 

I've tried reinstalling the toolkit and starting the setup for the NCS2 but to no avail.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on the latest update 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Sean Mulhall,

Thank you for reaching out. I also get this message when running the install_prerequisites_caffe.bat file.

For your information, it is required to use double quotation marks when specifying paths with spaces for windows.

However, in the original script of install_prerequisites.bat file, there are missing double quotation marks in the python_command and the errorlevel parts.

Hence, we need to add the double quotation marks in line 7383122 and 140.

For Example:

The default install directory of OpenVINO™ Toolkit is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394

Line 73:

Original line:

set python_command='python %~dp0..\mo\utils\extract_release_version.py'

Edited line:

set python_command='python "%~dp0..\mo\utils\extract_release_version.py"'

Regards,

Syamimi

SteakStyles
Beginner

@Syamimi_Intel 

Thank you, that solved my problem. However, I now have a different error:

[ WARNING ] Failed to import Inference Engine Python API in: PYTHONPATH
[ WARNING ] [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\python\\python3.9\\openvino\\libs'
[ WARNING ] Failed to import Inference Engine Python API in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.9
[ WARNING ] [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\python\\python3.9\\openvino\\libs'
[ WARNING ] Failed to import Inference Engine Python API in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.9
WARNING: Package(s) not found: openvino
[ WARNING ] Could not find the Inference Engine Python API. Installing OpenVINO (TM) toolkit using pip
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino==2021.3
ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino==2021.3
[ WARNING ] Could not find the OpenVINO (TM) toolkit version 2021.3 in pip
[ WARNING ] The highest OpenVINO (TM) toolkit version will be installed (may be incompatible with current Model Optimizer version)
[ WARNING ] It is recommended to build the Inference Engine from sources even if the current installation is successful
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino
ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino
[ WARNING ] Could not find OpenVINO (TM) toolkit version available in pip for installation
[ WARNING ] Consider building the Inference Engine Python API from sources
*****************************************************************************************
Optional: To speed up model conversion process, install protobuf-*.egg located in the
"model-optimizer\install_prerequisites" folder or building protobuf library from sources.
For more information please refer to Model Optimizer FAQ, question #80.
Error

0 Kudos
software
Beginner

I have Python 3.8 (Anaconda) installed for all users. 

echo %pythonpath% gives the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\tools\post_training_optimization_toolkit;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\tools\accuracy_checker;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\python\python3.8;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\python\python3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\model_optimizer;

I have the same error message:

[ WARNING ] Failed to import Inference Engine Python API in: PYTHONPATH
[ WARNING ] [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\python\\python3.8\\openvino\\libs'
[ WARNING ] Failed to import Inference Engine Python API in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.8
[ WARNING ] [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\python\\python3.8\\openvino\\libs'
[ WARNING ] Failed to import Inference Engine Python API in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.8

Googled for some time, could not find any solution. This thread is the most close one, can you help?

Thank you

John

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Sean Mulhall,

I'm glad that you can solve your issue.

Next, based on the error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino

ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino

This happens because you are using Python 3.9 version. For your information, you have to use Python 3.6-3.8 64-bit version as a primary Python version because this is the python version supported by OpenVINO 2021.3 for Windows.

Refer to the link given below as your references:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Sean Mulhall,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos