Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Issues with NCS python stream example

idata
Employee

Hello all,

Having fun playing with the NCS. I got the SDK and API installed without error, ran the make check, etc. and everything seemed to go according to plan (I was following the "getting started" video on the Movidius site). However, the python stream example doesn't appear to be working for me. When I run the example, I just get a static set of categories (toilet paper, etc.) with a NaN probability (see the attached image).

The terminal output is:

$ python3 stream_infer.py Number of categories: 1000 Device 0 Address: 1.4 - VID/PID 03e7:2150 Starting wait for connect with 2000ms timeout Found Address: 1.4 - VID/PID 03e7:2150 Found EP 0x81 : max packet size is 512 bytes Found EP 0x01 : max packet size is 512 bytes Found and opened device Performing bulk write of 825136 bytes... Successfully sent 825136 bytes of data in 48.209081 ms (16.322879 MB/s) Boot successful, device address 1.4 Found Address: 1.4 - VID/PID 040e:f63b done Booted 1.4 -> VSC exiting main loop Status.INVALID_PARAMETERS Output thread terminating mvnc device closed Input thread terminating.

I am running on Ubuntu 16.04. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Best,

Daniel
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Ah, the updated script posted here: https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/177/stream-infer-performance#latest seems to fix the problem. I was using the one from the SDK/API tar ball.

0 Kudos