Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino'

vkana3
Beginner

Hi

I'm vishnu. I created a project on person detection using openvino 2020.3 in windows 10 operating system. I had successfully downloaded it and performed inference on video samples and created a runtime package.

After creating a virtual environment, I unzipped my package folder to test it. after unpacking it I just found a bin file, deployment_tools file and my file containing source code and models. First, I have sourced my environment and ran my application, and I'm getting this error:   from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IECore
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino'.

you can see the error below. Please can anyone help me solve this!!!

Screenshot (58)_LI.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hi @vkana3 

Seems like you don't have the libraries being visible from within the virtual environment.

Please try the following method and let us know if this works or not.

Thanks.
Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
vkana3
Beginner

Hi @Max_L_Intel 

Thanks for sharing, but this does not solve my problem, I'm testing it in virtual environment because I want to deploy the package in other windows desktop. 

when I unzip my package in other desktop to test it, I don't want to download the openvino toolkit again in other systems, That's the entire reason for creating the package using deployment manager.

So can you please tell me how to solve this issue in windows environment. So, that I can deploy my project in other systems with ease.   

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @vkana3 

I've tested Demo Squeezenet app following the same method that you did by running setupvars.bat from the default package created with the deployment manager within virtual environment, and I can say that it works for me. Can you please also test demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat from C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\
You might need to install additional dependencies with "pip install pyyaml requests"

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
vkana3
Beginner

Hi @Max_L_Intel 

Thanks for sharing, As you said I have tested the demo app and  it worked alright. 

But still it didn't solve my issue.

As you can see the deployed package folder in the below image, the directory named deploy and my package folder which contains all the source code and openvino pre-trained models. The folder named virtual is the virtual env created to test my package.

please help me solve my issue

Screenshot (64).png

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @vkana3 

Do you see the same error message if you run any of OpenVINO demos or samples? Or can you share your application with us so we could reproduce this from our end? I think this might be an issue with your custom application, and in that case you might need to implement similar code to one that used, for example, in object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
vkana3
Beginner

Hi @Max_L_Intel 

Sorry for the delay, below is the link for my project. 

https://github.com/KVishnuVardhanR/Smart-Video-Solutions-for-fashion-store-optimization 

Please try packaging the entire project and deploy it with deployment tools and test it in an virtual environment.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @vkana3 

I'm able to run your project. See the snapshot attached below.

Please ensure you have set up environment variables and that a verification script (e.g. demo squeezenet) works for you. Also, if you are using not the latest OpenVINO release (2020.4), then have a chance to try it.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
ajith1101
Beginner

Hello @Max_L_Intel ,

I m facing the same issue as well.

Here is the link of my project - https://github.com/ajith1101/human_pose_estimation_demo.git

open_model_zoo – C__Users_ajith_anaconda3_envs_openvino_Lib_site-packages_openvino_model_zoo_model_api_models___init__.py 6_14_2022 3_05_43 PM (2).png

Can you please help me out with this?

0 Kudos
Sam_zoho
Beginner

I faced this error once. It happened for me because my environment was not created properly. You need to create environment for  setupvars.sh and activate.

0 Kudos