Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

ModuleNotFoundError: no module named openvino Windows 10

Beverly_K_Intel
Employee

I installed the openvino toolkit (version 2018.5.445). The demo used to verify the installation (demo_squeezenet... etc.) all went fine. I was able to use the model optimizer on my own models.

But I am unable to run the python_samples. If I run classification_sample.py I get the error:

"ModuleNotFoundError: no module named openvino" when the script tries to run import openvino.inference_engine.

I did run the setupvars.bat file and the result of the Get-ChildItem env: in power shell shows  

PYTHONPATH="C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445\python\python3.6"

I downloaded  and installed the new (5.456) version today and have the same problem. I did notice that after running setupvars.bat and rebooting, the PYTHONPATH was still set to point to the old version. This makes me think that perhaps setupvars.bat is not working correctly.

I am using Windows 10 and have had success in the past with ubuntu installs with no problems.

I finally put this statement into classification_sample.py

sys.path.insert(0,'C:\\Intel\\computer_vision_sdk\\python\\python3.6')

It found openvino.inference_engine but now I get the exact same error found in another topic:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/780751#comment-1933471

which is that it cannot find the ie_api.pyd  dll module. I downloaded the new module suggested in that topic and it still fails to load.

Thanks,

Beverly

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rafael_kl
Beginner

Hello, I have the exact same error. Could you managed to solve it?

0 Kudos