Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Movidius NCS2 Support

Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm using NCS2 on a Windows 10 OpenVINO environment. I have already installed the Movidius_VSC_Device.inf file and runned your test script and all went ok. However I want to make a small change to this approach. I want to be able to detect (using C++, and using your C++ API) the Movidius stick, and if it is available use it, otherwise the program will fallback to CPU plugin. Something like that:

Pseudo-code:

if (NCS2 available):

plugin(dispatcher.getSuitablePlugin(TargetDevice::eMYRIAD));

otherwise:

plugin(dispatcher.getSuitablePlugin(TargetDevice::eCPU));

Do you have any sample or any suggestions on how to implement this type of approach?

Thanks,

César.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

Hi,

Can someone give me a little insight on this problem?

Thanks,

César. 

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

You can use Device Query API: http://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_IE_DG_InferenceEngine_QueryAPI.html

0 Kudos
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

So I tested the InferenceEngine::Core::GetAvailableDevices which provides a list of available devices, however this only reads an xml file with all the devices that are supported by OpenVINO and check the respective dlls for each one. So this does not detect if a Intel Neural Stick 2 is connected (available to use). This script only checks if you have the dlls and requirements to support his inference. Any ideias on how to discover the devices?

Thanks,
César.

0 Kudos
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

bump

0 Kudos