Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

My movidius can not run "demo_security_barrier_camera.sh"

Liu__Qiqi
Beginner

I try to run "/opt/intel2/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/demo_security_barrier_camera.sh", which belongs to the newest version of the OpenVINO[2018.4.420]. I use the NCS 2(Myriad X) to run this demo, but error occurs as follows:

E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncDeviceCreate:324    global mutex initialization failed

The terminate window comes with a wait state and no interrupt.

What's the matter about this condition? How should I do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Liu__Qiqi
Beginner

This problem is solved easily ... I only need to launch a new terminate window & rerun the execution order

0 Kudos
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Glad to see that your issue could be solved. 

0 Kudos
Edward_S_4
Beginner

I had the same "global mutex initialization failed" hang issue and simply opening a new terminal window and running from there did not resolve the issue.  It did run using sudo.

After rebooting it worked correctly as a normal user.

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.5 and hadn't done a reboot since an apt-get upgrade so maybe a library/kernel was out of sync.

0 Kudos
REINETTE__Reynholds

Hi,

Except by re-run another terminal or reboot the computer does all of you succeed to resolve this issues ?

Because I have the same problem on my raspberry pi3 since yesterday and even if it works properly since yesterday I can't find a way to debug it now ...

this is the message i've got : E: [ncAPI] [    348433] ncDeviceCreate:354      global mutex initialization failed

does anyone have an idea ?

Best Regards,

Reynholds.

0 Kudos
REINETTE__Reynholds

Hi,

Except by re-run another terminal or reboot the computer does all of you succeed to resolve this issues?

Because I have the same problem on my raspberry pi3, i can not find a way to debug it now ...

this is the message i've got: E: [ncAPI] [348433] ncDeviceCreate: 354 global mutex initialization failed

does anyone have an idea?

Best Regards,

Reynholds.

0 Kudos