Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND Issue to run on Movidius on Apollolake

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm facing some issues when running sample OpenVINO application on Movidius platform. I needed help regarding the same. Below are the details:

I am trying to run the security_barrier_camera demo application with -d MYRIAD and seeing following errors -

[ INFO ] Loading Vehicle Detection model to the MYRIAD plugin

[ ERROR ] Cannot init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

Error on or near line 150; exiting with status 1

PS: I am using a movidus connected to ApolloLake using PCi slot, and not Movidus Compute Stick connected via USB

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @MAHESH_G_R,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure which guide you have followed or the steps you have taken, if you could provide more information it would be great. Taking a quick glance at the OpenVINO documentation, it looks like there are additional steps to interface with your device via PCIe. Please follow the "Additional Installation Steps for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs" under the Optional Steps section in the Installation Guides listed below, if not already done so, hopefully this resolves your issue.

If you need OpenVINO support for FPGA I believe the Install Guide is quite different from the rest, find the guide here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/openvino-install-linux-fpga. I'd suggest to also post your question in the OpenVINO forums here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel ,

Thanks for the reply, I tried the additional steps as mentioned for Linux.

Using this - Additional Installation Steps for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs,

In step 3 - cd ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} , I observed my terminal navigating back to home directory rather than a required location/path,

also noticed that ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} is nowhere set (checked using echo on terminal)

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh G R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @MAHESH_G_R

Apologies for the delay in my response. If the ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} is nowhere to be found it may be that the OpenVINO toolkit env variables haven't been set (run source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh), I just checked mine and the cd ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} command takes me to ~/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.455/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl, yours may be slightly different I'd assume depending on your installation path. Hope this helps!

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel

I just saw your reply, thanks for the response.

I checked the path as mention by you, in external folder i see gna, mkltiny_lnx and omp folders - Nothing named hddl is seen on my pc.

I have selected movidus VPU (All the Inference Engines) during OpenVINO installation.

Any help with regard to that will be great

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh G R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @MAHESH_G_R ,

That is interesting, I can see the hddl folder in both Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10 installs. May I ask which version of OpenVINO toolkit are you using? I can see the hddl folder for version R5.0.1, please give this version a try in case you are running an older version (I have not checked for the hddl folder on previous releases).

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos