Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2 - Yolo V2/V3 - Failing communication with NCS2

J__Niko
Beginner

Hi,

I went through the instructions for converting ssd_mobilenet_v2_coco and everything went perfectly.

After that I proceeded to do the slightly more challenging thing: converting YoloV3 for NCS2. It failed because NCS2 doesn't support Resample -layer when it uses NearestNeighbour -algorithm, I switched it to Bilinear version and I was able to load the model into the NCS2. After that a new problem did rise. Upon inferring (async or not) it will throw out these errors and it returns loads of "detections" (which are just random data):

E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventReceive:308    dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -4 | event 0x7f0059bf5ef0 USB_READ_REL_RESP

E: [xLink] [         0] eventReader:254    eventReader stopped
E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherWaitEventComplete:694    waiting is timeout, sending reset remote event
E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncFifoReadElem:2853    Packet reading is failed.

I tried YoloV2 also without any success. The problem is present in my Python code, in sample Python yolo -demo code and in compiled sample in inference_engine_samples.

Has anyone managed to find a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply