Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OV R1.1 Model_Optimizer [ ERROR ] Please contact Model Optimizer developers and forward the following information:

CBell1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a problem using OpenVino R1.1 Model_Optimizer to convert inference_graph.pb file to IR.

Below the output of the error where is clearly mentioned to contact the MO developers, I can only open a request to the Support:

[ ERROR ]  Please contact Model Optimizer developers

File Attached with all details.

Please, can you support here?

Thank you

Model Optimizer version:     2019.1.1-83-g28dfbfd
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
[ ERROR ]  ----------------- INTERNAL ERROR ----------------
[ ERROR ]  Unexpected exception happened.
[ ERROR ]  Please contact Model Optimizer developers and forward the following information:
[ ERROR ]  Exception occurred during running replacer "None (<class 'extensions.front.no_op_eraser.NoOpEraser'>)": The node training/group_deps must have just one input
[ ERROR ]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo/utils/class_registration.py", line 167, in apply_replacements
    replacer.find_and_replace_pattern(graph)
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo/front/common/replacement.py", line 141, in find_and_replace_pattern
    apply_pattern(graph, action=self.replace_sub_graph, **self.pattern())
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo/middle/pattern_match.py", line 95, in apply_pattern
    action(graph, match)
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/extensions/front/no_op_eraser.py", line 40, in replace_sub_graph
    graph.erase_node(match['noop'])
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo/graph/graph.py", line 493, in erase_node
    assert len(inputs) <= 1, "The node {} must have just one input".format(node.soft_get('name'))
AssertionError: The node training/group_deps must have just one input

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Cosma, is your *.pb a frozen one ? The error :

The node training/group_deps must have just one input

Leads me to think that maybe your model is not frozen.

Also please do a --log_level DEBUG and post the ERROR part to this forum. I think you and I have "talked before" on this IDZ thread

From where did you get this model ? Please tell me more about this model so that I may help you. Was it a Keras model that you converted to a Tensorflow Frozen pb ? If you are still trying to do Resnet 50 why not choose from one of our Model Optimizer Supported Tensorflow List ? We support Resnet50 v1 and v2.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest Cosma,

Thank you for the attachments. I will definitely take a look !

Sincerely,

Shubha

0 Kudos
CBell1
New Contributor II

Dear Shubha,

during the last days, I did other tests using a new code and applying all suggestions to save TF.keras models described in the official link below:

https://www.tensorflow.org/tutorials/keras/save_and_restore_models

Before sending this new material, I would like to know if you prefer to finish analyzing the first attachements I posted few days ago.

Please, let me know

Thank you

0 Kudos
CBell1
New Contributor II

Dear Shubha,

attached the code I used to generate the mentioned .pb file, all rows are commented.

Additionally, attached, you can find the error using Model Optimizer to convert also the other file "Model_1.pb" as frozen file generated also with the simple code attached.

In both cases, the Model Optimizer doean't convert .pb to IR files.

Consider the code used and the model are really simple.

I need to find the right procedure to freeze TF Models usable with Intel Open Vino and Model Optimizer before to consider OpenVino as useful framework in production (with all steps involved: define TF Model, Training Data, freeze model and the Inference).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
CBell1
New Contributor II

Dear Shubha,

I solved the problem!

In any case, many thanks for you support and time.

Regards

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Cosma,

Congrats ! Can you let me know how you solved the problem ? Please share your findings with the community if you have the time and inclination to do so.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
CBell1
New Contributor II

Dear Shubha,

After some months the solution was simple:

I reviewed all code and cleaned some lines in the Python code used to define the model and training data!

I invested a lot of time analyzing random errors about frozen .h5 file, useless activity!

Hoping it helps

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest Cosma,

Thank you for coming back to the forum and telling me ! Trust me, I have been where you are many many times Often times we learn the most from these silly errors !

I am super happy though that you were able to get up and running on OpenVino.

Please download the latest OpenVino 2019R2 which was just released today. Give it a try won't you ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Mathias__Manpasu
Beginner

Hello, I have been facing this error for few days now and can't seem to resolve it. Am new to the Openvino platform. I get the error when I try to run the demos that came with Intel Openvino toolkit

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd ..\..\

C:\>cd program files (x86)

C:\Program Files (x86)>cd intelswtools

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools>cd openvino_2019.3.379

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379>cd bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\bin>setupvars.bat
Python 3.6.0
ECHO is off.
PYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_to
ols\open_model_zoo\tools\accuracy_checker;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\op
envino_2019.3.379\python\python3.6;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_
2019.3.379\python\python3;
[setupvars.bat] OpenVINO environment initialized

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\bin>cd ..\

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379>cd deployment_tools

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools>cd demo

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo>de
mo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat
target_precision = FP16
Python 3.6.0
ECHO is off.
PYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_to
ols\open_model_zoo\tools\accuracy_checker;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\op
envino_2019.3.379\python\python3.6;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_
2019.3.379\python\python3;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.37
9\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\tools\accuracy_checker;C:\Program Files (x86)\
IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\python\python3.6;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSW
Tools\openvino_2019.3.379\python\python3;
[setupvars.bat] OpenVINO environment initialized
INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3
Python 3.6.0
ECHO is off.
Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in c:\program files\python36\lib\site-pack
ages (from -r C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment
_tools\demo\\..\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\requirements.in (line 1)) (5.3)
Requirement already satisfied: requests in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roaming\pyth
on\python36\site-packages (from -r C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_
2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo\\..\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\requirement
s.in (line 2)) (2.18.4)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<3.1.0,>=3.0.2 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata
\roaming\python\python36\site-packages (from requests->-r C:\Program Files (x86)
\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo\\..\open_model_zoo\tools
\downloader\requirements.in (line 2)) (3.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\ro
aming\python\python36\site-packages (from requests->-r C:\Program Files (x86)\In
telSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo\\..\open_model_zoo\tools\do
wnloader\requirements.in (line 2)) (2019.11.28)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3<1.23,>=1.21.1 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata
\roaming\python\python36\site-packages (from requests->-r C:\Program Files (x86)
\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo\\..\open_model_zoo\tools
\downloader\requirements.in (line 2)) (1.22)
Requirement already satisfied: idna<2.7,>=2.5 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roamin
g\python\python36\site-packages (from requests->-r C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelS
WTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo\\..\open_model_zoo\tools\downlo
ader\requirements.in (line 2)) (2.6)
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.3.1; however, version 20.0.2 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' comm
and.
Download public squeezenet1.1 model
python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools
\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\downloader.py" --name squeezenet1.1 --output_di
r C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models --cache_dir C
:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\cache
################|| Downloading models ||################

========== Downloading C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models
\models\public\squeezenet1.1\squeezenet1.1.prototxt

========== Downloading C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models
\models\public\squeezenet1.1\squeezenet1.1.caffemodel
... 100%, 4834 KB, 134 KB/s, 36 seconds passed

################|| Post-processing ||################

========== Replacing text in C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_
models\models\public\squeezenet1.1\squeezenet1.1.prototxt
squeezenet1.1 model downloading completed

Waiting for 0 seconds, press a key to continue ...

###############|| Install Model Optimizer prerequisites ||###############

Python 3.6.0
ECHO is off.
Requirement already satisfied: networkx<2.4,>=1.11 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\r
oaming\python\python36\site-packages (from -r ..\requirements_caffe.txt (line 1)
) (2.3)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy>=1.12.0 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roaming
\python\python36\site-packages (from -r ..\requirements_caffe.txt (line 2)) (1.1
7.4)
Requirement already satisfied: protobuf==3.6.1 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roami
ng\python\python36\site-packages (from -r ..\requirements_caffe.txt (line 3)) (3
.6.1)
Requirement already satisfied: defusedxml>=0.5.0 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roa
ming\python\python36\site-packages (from -r ..\requirements_caffe.txt (line 4))
(0.6.0)
Requirement already satisfied: decorator>=4.3.0 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roam
ing\python\python36\site-packages (from networkx<2.4,>=1.11->-r ..\requirements_
caffe.txt (line 1)) (4.4.1)
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.9 in c:\users\manpasu\appdata\roaming\pyth
on\python36\site-packages (from protobuf==3.6.1->-r ..\requirements_caffe.txt (l
ine 3)) (1.13.0)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\program files\python36\lib\site-
packages (from protobuf==3.6.1->-r ..\requirements_caffe.txt (line 3)) (39.0.1)
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.3.1; however, version 20.0.2 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' comm
and.
********************************************************************************
Warning: please expect that Model Optimizer conversion might be slow.
You can boost conversion speed by installing protobuf-*.egg located in the
"model-optimizer\install_prerequisites" folder or building protobuf library from
 sources.
For more information please refer to Model Optimizer FAQ, question #80.

###############|| Run Model Optimizer ||###############

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools
\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\converter.py" --mo "C:\Program Files (x86)\Inte
lSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo.py" --name "squ
eezenet1.1" -d "C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models
" -o "C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir" --precisions
 "FP16"
========= Converting squeezenet1.1 to IR (FP16)
Conversion command: "C:\Program Files\Python36\python.exe" -- "C:\Program Files
(x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo.py" -
-framework=caffe --data_type=FP16 --output_dir=C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\
OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\public\squeezenet1.1\FP16 --model_name=squeezenet1.1
 --input_shape=[1,3,227,227] --input=data --mean_values=data[104.0,117.0,123.0]
--output=prob --input_model=C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_m
odels\models\public\squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.caffemodel --input_proto=C:\User
s\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\public\squeezenet1.1/s
queezenet1.1.prototxt

Model Optimizer arguments:
Common parameters:
        - Path to the Input Model:      C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVIN
O\openvino_models\models\public\squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.caffemodel
        - Path for generated IR:        C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVIN
O\openvino_models\ir\public\squeezenet1.1\FP16
        - IR output name:       squeezenet1.1
        - Log level:    ERROR
        - Batch:        Not specified, inherited from the model
        - Input layers:         data
        - Output layers:        prob
        - Input shapes:         [1,3,227,227]
        - Mean values:  data[104.0,117.0,123.0]
        - Scale values:         Not specified
        - Scale factor:         Not specified
        - Precision of IR:      FP16
        - Enable fusing:        True
        - Enable grouped convolutions fusing:   True
        - Move mean values to preprocess section:       False
        - Reverse input channels:       False
Caffe specific parameters:
        - Path to Python Caffe* parser generated from caffe.proto:      C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\model_optimizer
\mo\front\caffe\proto
        - Enable resnet optimization:   True
        - Path to the Input prototxt:   C:\Users\Manpasu\Documents\Intel\OpenVIN
O\openvino_models\models\public\squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.prototxt
        - Path to CustomLayersMapping.xml:      C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTo
ols\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\extensions\front\caffe\
CustomLayersMapping.xml
        - Path to a mean file:  Not specified
        - Offsets for a mean file:      Not specified
Model Optimizer version:        2019.3.0-408-gac8584cb7
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
[ ERROR ]  ----------------- INTERNAL ERROR ----------------
[ ERROR ]  Unexpected exception happened.
[ ERROR ]  Please contact Model Optimizer developers and forward the following i
nformation:
[ ERROR ]  DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
[ ERROR ]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools
\model_optimizer\mo\main.py", line 298, in main
    return driver(argv)
\model_optimizer\mo\main.py", line 250, in driver
    import mo.pipeline.caffe as mo_caffe
\model_optimizer\mo\pipeline\caffe.py", line 22, in <module>
    from mo.front.caffe import custom_layers_mapping, loader
\model_optimizer\mo\front\caffe\loader.py", line 24, in <module>
    from google.protobuf import text_format
  File "C:\Users\Manpasu\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python36\site-packages\google\pr
otobuf\text_format.py", line 54, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import type_checkers
otobuf\internal\type_checkers.py", line 55, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import decoder
otobuf\internal\decoder.py", line 90, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import encoder
otobuf\internal\encoder.py", line 73, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.internal import wire_format
otobuf\internal\wire_format.py", line 36, in <module>
    from google.protobuf import descriptor
otobuf\descriptor.py", line 47, in <module>
    from google.protobuf.pyext import _message
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

[ ERROR ]  ---------------- END OF BUG REPORT --------------
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
FAILED:
squeezenet1.1
Error

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Manpasu,

Please upgrade your OpenVINO toolkit to the latest 2020.1 release and ensure your system has the following software component versions.

• Microsoft Visual Studio* with C++ 2019, 2017, or 2015 with MSBuild
  • CMake 3.4 or higher 64-bit ( 3.14 if you are using Microsoft Visual Studio 2019)
  •  Python 3.6.5 64-bit

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos