Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Open Vino macOS Big Sur support

mrtexasfreedom
Beginner

I am surprised OpenVino is two MacOS releases behind. I'm running Big Sur, which isn't the latest (Monterrey), and cannot use the gui OpenVino installer. Looks like I'll have to install on a linux VM. 

This creates a barrier for new developers to become interested in OpenVino.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. As this is more related to OpenVINO toolkit, we are moving this thread to OpenVINO forum.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello mrtexasfreedom,

Greetings to you.

Currently, OpenVINO is validated for macOS 10.15, you may refer here. Our development is constantly looking in enhancing the features, and potentially the validation of BigSur may start after OpenVINO 2022.1 release.

However, we cannot commit to which version of OpenVINO where macOS Big Sur will be enabled and validated. We recommend you refer to the Release Notes for the latest features in OpenVINO.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello mrtexasfreedom,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli

0 Kudos